Around Phuket

kiwi stu

Stu there was a little freeware heliport that came with that Phuket scenery -- which is excellent by the way.  However there is no heli-start and no ICAO code, so you have to just locate it.  I am unable to locate it, and I've looked again since I installed FTX Global.  Have you found it?  Any tips?

Stu there was a little freeware heliport that came with that Phuket scenery -- which is excellent by the way.  However there is no heli-start and no ICAO code, so you have to just locate it.  I am unable to locate it, and I've looked again since I installed FTX Global.  Have you found it?  Any tips?

Hi Ripcord....same as you,downloaded it but cant find it either..thought it was just me..i guess its there somewhere.

might have a look on goggle earth to see if i can see it.

ill let you know if i find it

stu

Hi Ripcord....same as you,downloaded it but cant find it either..thought it was just me..i guess its there somewhere.

might have a look on goggle earth to see if i can see it.

ill let you know if i find it

stu

Hi Ripcord and Stu,

I have the same problem too. I installed that heliport but couldn't find it either so also hoping you'll come up with something in Google Earth Stu :smile:

Lovely shots of the scenery though mate! :D

Personally I have one small bug bear about how FTXG looks in Phuket though and I fully admit I'm probably being really picky but just flagging up something that might possibly improve things and immersion more for local flavour with OpenLC. Before I installed, the trees in my Phuket and Ko Samaui scenery seemed to be the correct bright tropical green but now they seem way too dark. From my experience in Phuket this year, and I travelled around the entire island, the trees were predominantly an astonishing bright tropical green (like the ones in the FTX Broome airport add-on, which I simply love) with a substantial amount of palms (there are palms here in FTXG but the ratio seems to show too few and too dark). Don't know if you agree, and its really not the end of the world, but I am hoping and wishing this can be put right and amended in the Open LC Asia package which I'm very much looking forward too. Its probably just the LC issue which is fair enough and totally understandable but my default in this one area was closer to that bright green of these tropics. Like I say, its no big deal, FTXG is a massive improvement and looks beautiful in most places and otherwise and its a great credit to the team and patches will sort out the semi-arid areas as JV has kindly announced. I love it! :D ...just quietly hoping and looking forward to the landclass changes to come that will sort out the vegetation colour in Thailand because this green is way too dark (like temperate zones). As I say, I mean no disrespect, on the contrary,  only constructive critique here and I support this wonderful product fully and the team respectfully!  Its opened up our entire world and should be a part of anyone's simulator! :D  :D :D  

Once again, love all your Thailand shots and it looks great otherwise. Going to do a fair few flights there myself, as I guess Rip will too :smile: Keep up the great showcase of Asia...enjoying it mate :smile: Hopefully the three of us will find this elusive heliport some day :lol:

Cheers,

Sid :D

Hi Ripcord,SId and others

So I had a good look on goggle earth and the sky vector satellite image and would I be right in saying that the heliport is the round thing with narrow taxiway/road ,leading to it on the far side of the runway opposite the terminal ?

What do you think ?

Stu

Archived