FTX Global V1.1 Patch - revised lights, LC fixes

Hello all,

We are working on a small V1.1 patch for FTX Global which mainly focuses on further improvements to the 3D lighting system (DX9 only until Steve Parson's tool is released).

- Lights now 140% brighter

- Better FPS again through model and texture optimisation

- Now vector roads don't use .fx for much better FPS on vectors

- Denser vector lighting, now 100% density versus 75%

- Added intersection congestion traffic brake lights

Here is an example at Boston including some intersection congestion llights:

yg3NX.jpg

And another location with bloom on, which looks spectacular in motion!

yo3CJ.jpg

We are also going to address the "green desert" issues in SW USA since it has caused quite a stir. This would have been addressed by the openLC NA pack but we'll patch the base openLC scenery in the interim.

That looks really nice! The night lighting just keeps getting better. Looking forward to this update. I believe night lighting is extremely important in any flight sim. It really adds a whole other level of realism when flying at night, dawn or dusk. Great work as always for you guys down at OrbX! :)

Thanks for the information and the patch John.  I love the screenshot with bloom.

This is one of the reasons I like Orbx.  Not only do they produce great products but they continue to improve them afterwards.

WOW nice improvements :)

I look forward to the first update

Might the patch also include the uninstaller? Not that I am wanting to remove FTX Global, but for reinstalling, moving, etc. Well an uninstaller should be included I think.

Thank you,

Joe

We are also going to address the "green desert" issues in SW USA since it has caused quite a stir. This would have been addressed by the openLC NA pack but we'll patch the base openLC scenery in the interim.

Very welcome news indeed - many thanks from the "arid flyers"

No he won't, he's given me a list of things still to do and it will be at least 2-3 weeks yet. It's an impressive tool after reading his user manual so I expect he does not want to make any bloopers on such an important product for the DX10 community.

Plus, we are still playing with the V1.1 lights which we have not given to Steve yet for final testing.

John, can you envisage a stage where FTX Central can be abandoned, and scenery appear in the order in which it is layered in the Scenery Library.  Your scenery is the market leader, and I am one of your faithful customers, but Central is not normal for add-on scenery.  If for instant I layered your LC corrections appropriately in the Sib they should appear like any other add-on.

Will this fix the blinking 3d lights that I currently see in FTX Global? On a similar note, will this also add 3d lights to areas like PNW, NRM, and the likes? I dont think Ive seen any of these lights floating around in any additional ORBX scenery at all.

utley,

I'm not seeing blinking lights anywhere and I can assure you that I've been all over the place in multiple day, dusk, night and dawn times, there must be something else that's causing this "effect" on your system, what I couldn't tell.

as mentioned in other posts from John, yes new lighting system will also be retrofitted to the regions that where released before FTXGlobal, the Team just needs a bit of time to implement that and yes when it's ready it will be announced, as for the patch it will be released as it is thoroughly tested, we are now in the final stages of doing so.

None of our testers reported blinking 3D lights, nor did I see them in 9 months of development, so that could be a local problem for you.

As I have already said elsewhere we will be adding the new zero-FPS-hit 3D lights to PNW and all other FTX regions progressively, but it's a big project since it requires re-annotation of thousands upon thousands of texture tiles to get it done. Not a trivial task :)

I believe NCA Northern California will have the new 3D lights out of the box, but NIR Northern Ireland was too far advanced to implement it. Don't quote me on NCA though because the team are still waiting on the final 3D lights before doing the night lighting annotation for NCA.

EDIT: Wolter posted at the same time, LOL!

Archived