Where I grew up. Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

boetie

Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice one Graeme! This is what Gobal's about. Now we can really enjoy the Earth's natural wonders thanks to Orbx! Going to install today! The choices are unbelievable...I simply can't stop thinking of places that I must visit now the world is so interesting. Its really no myth, is it? The game really has changed :D The whole world really is up for exploring now! Nowhere's off-limits now!  Wow! :D  :D :D  

Thanks for showing us Victoria Falls mate! Emmsie was right...the screenies really are starting to flow in now :smile:

Cheers,

Sid

My son-in-law is Zimbabwean and my wife and I have just returned from Vic Falls. The real Vic Falls are amazing and unfortunately the FSX Scenery, landclass and mesh are nothing like the reality.

There is only one bridge across the gorge with the one track railway up the middle of the bridge. Between the falls and the road the elevations are just wrong as it looks like some flat land which is not the case.

There is no lake to the north west of the town as in the screen shot. Not having a go at you Graeme mate as the screen shot is exactly what one gets from FSX it's just a shame that Orbx hasn't yet done it's magic with this region. Maybe someone knows of a package that better reflects this region? I would be interested to know (as I am sure Graeme would be too). Perhaps someone who already has FTX Global could do a flight over Vic Falls and post a screenie because if Graeme has FTX Global installed I would be a bit disappointed?

Cheers  Dan

Archived