A wee trip over me backyard

domfliss

Remarkable shots Dom , I love how these look . What is your secret sauce in these ? .  8)

Brad

Hi Brad,

I cheated big time mate :D

I used a filter in Gimp called Lomo and selected the Movie mode.  Once that was done I opened up Snapseed and adjusted the ambience, saturation and contrast. 

After that was done I fired up Analog (mac app) and selected the 1978 filter and toned it down a bit. 

See......no talent at all. It's all down to the mac feeling sorry for me :D

The whole lot took about ten minutes to do :P  

Cheers

Dom

Hi Brad,

I cheated big time mate :D

I used a filter in Gimp called Lomo and selected the Movie mode.  Once that was done I opened up Snapseed and adjusted the ambience, saturation and contrast. 

After that was done I fired up Analog (mac app) and selected the 1978 filter and toned it down a bit. 

See......no talent at all. It's all down to the mac feeling sorry for me :D

The whole lot took about ten minutes to do :P  

Cheers

Dom

How do all of your Flight Sim's run on the Mac. ?  Why i ask is that I have used IPads for a couple of years now and really like them . Maybe for my next computer I should consider a Mac . 

Cheers

Brad

Thanks guys, they were fun to do :)

How do all of your Flight Sim's run on the Mac. ?  Why i ask is that I have used IPads for a couple of years now and really like them . Maybe for my next computer I should consider a Mac . 

Cheers

Brad

Hi Brad,

FSX works really well on the Mac and I've experienced no problems at all.

In fact the Mac is a relatively nice machine for simming as it's totally silent.  I can't hear any fans at all which makes for some lovely relaxing bush flying.  

Apple Bootcamp drivers are pretty good now too, so you should get some nice performance from the dedicated GPU.  

Be aware though, that if you go for the cheaper iMac, it only comes with 8GB of memory. If you want to add more, then the only way to add it, is to have it done at Apple as the memory on the 21.5 iMac is soldered on to the motherboard; which is a real shame.  Not the case on the 27inch model though.

Oh...it also comes without a Superdrive, LOL.

Apple displays are some of the best out there, so colours are lovely and rich and make for a really pleasurable flying experience.  

If mine was to die today; I'd go out and buy another in a heartbeat; that is, if funds allowed and wifey wasn't going to threaten me with a kitchen knife :P

Dom

Gorgeous shots there Dom, Scotland looks beautiful !!

Me grandfather came over from Scotland when he was thirteen and worked on the railroad all his life, always loved to listen to him talk. :D

Adam

Archived