Friday Harbour as it should be. KFHR

jaydor

I notice that a lot of members have been asking for Friday Harbour to be done (Including myself).

No need to rush it ORBX, for in the meantime, I use this and it's free:

Passing Ernie's Café:

wHde.jpg

Re-fuelling area:

Inrpu.jpg

Picking up my company for a dirty pleasant weekend:

F5ouK.jpg

Passing the Control Tower:

p9vFT.jpg

Runway area:

myfSt.jpg

Birds eye of fitment into ORBX PNW:

UFe3r.jpg

As you can see a perfect fit and alignment.

You will have to remove Friday Harbour from PNW for it to work without ORBX bleed over.  I made a folder called "Removed FTX scenery" and placed these 3 files in it for future ref..

8ctVP.jpg

Linc:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=164918

Enjoy..  :)

Hi jador,

Thanks for sharing this scenery availability.  KFHR, Friday Harbor was one of the airports that "almost" was made for PNW.  I was ready to go take photos but another airport was chosen instead.  I've been there so did my best to make it as accurate as possible with the objects we (ORBX) had available at the time we did PNW (we have a lot more and better objects to work with now, thankfully).

I see you are from Wales.  Let me tell you the WLS, SCO and ENG airports were WAY harder to do than those I've done in the other areas.

Cheers, Neil

Works OK and looks great, but I seem to be having some trouble with cars..

su56.jpg

Would be great if the uploader created a version for OrbX PNW since that's pretty much the standard now for anyone flying in this area.

• 1 month later...

I notice that a lot of members have been asking for Friday Harbour to be done (Including myself).

No need to rush it ORBX, for in the meantime, I use this and it's free:

Passing Ernie's Café:

wHde.jpg

Re-fuelling area:

Inrpu.jpg

Picking up my company for a dirty pleasant weekend:

F5ouK.jpg

Passing the Control Tower:

p9vFT.jpg

Runway area:

myfSt.jpg

Birds eye of fitment into ORBX PNW:

UFe3r.jpg

As you can see a perfect fit and alignment.

You will have to remove Friday Harbour from PNW for it to work without ORBX bleed over.  I made a folder called "Removed FTX scenery" and placed these 3 files in it for future ref..

8ctVP.jpg

Linc:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=164918

Enjoy..  :)

I can not download the file. Please could you provide another link to download it. I really like Friday Harbor!

• 7 months later...

Sorry to necro a dead thread, but I just found this and love the scenery! One question though, is there any way to remove the 'photoreal' from the photoreal scenery? With the new colours in P3D, the contrast at this strip is glaring. Or better yet, any chance ORBX might re-consider sprucing the place up Neil?

Cheers!

Hi Bucky,

No sprucing up in the near future, I've got my hands full at the moment.  There should be a file in that add-on's Scenery folder that includes that PR but removing it will probably leave the objects at incorrect looking locations.  With Instant Scenery you could move the objects around but that may or may not look good in the end.

Cheers, Neil

I have just been to the link and it is working fine.  Avsim is a very slow site, so give it plenty of time to appear on your screen.

There is no other linc..

James

I have just seen the link today, James. Thanks for providing it, and I hope you had a pleasant weekend!

BTW: Great paint on one of our favourite aircrafts!

As an addendum:

If you're also finding the contrast between the photoreal textures clash too heavily with the PNW scenery, I found that if you remove only two of the recommended three files above:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KFHR_Friday_Harbor.BGL

FTX_PNW_objects_KFHR_PLC.bgl

and also remove

Photo_KFHR_A.bgl -> photo_KFHR_D.bgl (inclusive) from the KFHR Friday Harbor PR directory prior to adding it to the scenery library, it gives pretty good results.

KFHRModified_zps862c59d1.png

The red ellipse shows where some of the apron has grown over with grass ( :P) but apart from that, I much prefer this way when approaching the airport.

Sorry if this is basic to most, I have no idea about editing scenery. Thanks for the suggestion Neil!

Cheers,

Sean

I have just seen the link today, James. Thanks for providing it, and I hope you had a pleasant weekend!

BTW: Great paint on one of our favourite aircrafts!

+1

Great shots, livery and scenery!

Thank You very much for sharing and pointing us there James!

• 11 months later...

Jaydor, thanks for the headsup. Just a question about the Orbx files that you referred in your post: isn't placing the KFHR scenery high above Orbx stuff in the scenery library enough to work without "Orbx bleed over"? Do I really need to deactivate Orbx bgls?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Archived