CFS Masset BC

boetie

There is another one south and east of Ketchikan, if I remember correctly.

I used Masset as a "base" while exploring the northern end of this island.  There is a light house on a small island down the coast...west from where you took this picture.  It's worth the av gas to fly over and have a look too.

That's a great find and it seems that there are many little details like that in the scenery that we have to look for. By the way, you made me a Life member on the quote I left you on a recent  message you sent me. What happens next? Do we normally receive a big check in the mail? I can't wait!

A bit of googling reveals this to be a monitoring station to monitor communications from the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Looks as if it is still staffed.

l4iUg.jpg

::)

There is another one south and east of Ketchikan, if I remember correctly.

I used Masset as a "base" while exploring the northern end of this island.  There is a light house on a small island down the coast...west from where you took this picture.  It's worth the av gas to fly over and have a look too.

That's a great find and it seems that there are many little details like that in the scenery that we have to look for. By the way, you made me a Life member on the quote I left you on a recent  message you sent me. What happens next? Do we normally receive a big check in the mail? I can't wait!

Great shot and - even better: It is great to see all these secrets hidden in our sceneries, that want to be discovered.

There are entries on Google Earth and Plan G for Australia on some of these icons, but I did not find direction aids for NA yet.

Archived