The Hunt for Ryan Lake

BradB

Inspired by our member AirbourneStig  I ventured out to find Ryan Lake BC . I departed Prince Rupert and flew north toward Port Simpson . 

Mw7JK.jpg

5EpGD.jpg

From Port Simpson I flew due east toward Khutzeymateen River

IlYJ2.jpg

vaKZs.jpg

JcQhp.jpg

My attempt to find Ryan Lake was a Epic Fail , however I did find Shangri-la . ( the airstrip ) . So will spend the night here , there is a large tent already set up at end of strip . 

Sujys.jpg

XOUEo.jpg

ep5CB.jpg

So the hunt for Ryan Lake will continue . 

Just the V key only .

Thanks for viewing

Brad

Well I'll be curious to see the developments on that one. Stig can now count on many adventurers to try that strip...if and when it is found. Big mountains around there....Great pics, waiting for the next step.

Outstanding!!

You were nearly there....Ryan Lake was just off your starboard wing in shot 5.

I flew up to Shangri La this afternoon myself.  I've not got around to off loading the pics and videos that flight yet.  To be perfectly honest, the landing was no problem in my new Scout....but taking off again?  THAT is going to prove to be a right proper challenge due to the earth dam at the end of the strip.  It will make for a very VERY tight take off roll.

Outstanding!!

I flew up to Shangri La this afternoon myself.  I've not got around to off loading the pics and videos that flight yet.  To be perfectly honest, the landing was no problem in my new Scout....but taking off again?  THAT is going to prove to be a right proper challenge due to the earth dam at the end of the strip.  It will make for a very VERY tight take off roll.

After looking at some maps

I think I can find Ryan Lake now , that is if I can get out of Shangri La . Ha Ha .

Brad

Nice shots Brad.  I found Ryan Lake but I could not find the airstrip.

John do you have the OZx file at the top of FSX scenery ? .

Brad

After looking at some maps

I think I can find Ryan Lake now , that is if I can get out of Shangri La . Ha Ha .

Brad

John do you have the OZx file at the top of FSX scenery ? .

Brad

I just found out about the OZx scenery and will be installing it soon.

Well I'll be curious to see the developments on that one. Stig can now count on many adventurers to try that strip...if and when it is found. Big mountains around there....Great pics, waiting for the next step.

Outstanding!!

Nice shots Brad.  I found Ryan Lake but I could not find the airstrip.

Outstanding shots Brad, looks like a great spot !!

Adam

Just a great set these Brad.

cheers

Iain

Fantastic shots and trip Brad.

Thank you for this plesant flight.

Wonderful set Brad.

Some picturesque scenery to get lost in. Hope you find the lake soon.

Great set Brad. Bush flyer's territory for sure.

Thanks for the kind comments , they are appreciated . 

Cheers

Brad

Archived