Just a Comparison....

mikee

....Between Fsx Default and John Venema's (JV_ENBSeries_Purple_Haze_V2)

Amazing clarity , incredible shade, awesome colours!!! Thank you very much John i appreciated it ::) Absolutely zero FPS impact!!!

Flight between S43 and W16....

See the Difference Absolutely Amazing!

Fsx Default.

Posted Image

JV's series.

Posted Image

Enjoy ::)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for watching ::)

It really must be a case of "different strokes for different folks"! For me, I prefer the default FSX versions in every case. Seriously!

I find there's no difference in sharpness, but the ENB versions bleach out the highlights too much, over-saturate the colours, and darken the shadows too much. In effect, there's an overall loss of detail as a fair bit goes AWOL at the extremes.

Again, it's a purely subjective thing, but I find the default versions much more realistic and natural - with the ENB ones, though dramatic, a tad "surreal" for me.

This isn't a criticism of your pics (or of you!) - just that I suppose I just don't get this ENB thing at all (!!). If I want brighter, clearer colours, I just set my flight time to around mid-day and a season/weather combo that gives me a decent sky. I think it's great that you posted so many pics to be able to make a comparison. It'll probably convert many people to ENB ... but sadly not me ;)

Adam.

Thanks Mike for the comparison shots . For me I run FSX on two separate computers and one computer uses JV's enb and the other one uses REX natural enb . So I can mix up my shots .

I think it is a case of "different strokes for different folks" .

Cheers

Brad

It really must be a case of "different strokes for different folks"! For me, I prefer the default FSX versions in every case. Seriously!

I find there's no difference in sharpness, but the ENB versions bleach out the highlights too much, over-saturate the colours, and darken the shadows too much. In effect, there's an overall loss of detail as a fair bit goes AWOL at the extremes.

Again, it's a purely subjective thing, but I find the default versions much more realistic and natural - with the ENB ones, though dramatic, a tad "surreal" for me.

This isn't a criticism of your pics (or of you!) - just that I suppose I just don't get this ENB thing at all (!!). If I want brighter, clearer colours, I just set my flight time to around mid-day and a season/weather combo that gives me a decent sky. I think it's great that you posted so many pics to be able to make a comparison. It'll probably convert many people to ENB ... but sadly not me ;)

Adam.

Hello Adam and thanks for your comments ,i totally respect your opinion and comments there is absolutely no problem! It is just a matter of taste! I still think that it is much more clearer now and much brighter and crisp than ever before! I feel that FSX has become alive and i dont wont to convert any people to enb, i just wanted to show them the Big difference (always in my opinion)!

Thanks again for your comments 8)

Thanks Mike for the comparison shots . For me I run FSX on two separate computers and one computer uses JV's enb and the other one uses REX natural enb . So I can mix up my shots .

I think it is a case of "different strokes for different folks" .

Cheers

Brad

Thank you very much Brad , as i replied to Adam it is just a matter of taste !

Also, sometimes it's hard to till how good something is until you are actually flying it on your own computer. You can definitely see the difference in each of those pictures but it's not until you actually see everything in action on your own computer that you can really decide whats better. But seeing these shots definitely gives you a good idea - thank you.

Cheers,

Craig

Adam.

Excellent Comparison, but totally agree with Adam.

@mikee - great to see you're taking it all in good spirit! I forgot to add that they're damn' good screenies in any case! Nice unusual angles. I tend to get stuck in the "classic" 3/4 outside views and always find it refreshing to see more adventurous views!

Thanks for the comparison, Mikee, but I agree with Adam, I like the default colors more!

Of course it is a question of individual taste and of the monitor you are using, but there are objective means to compare the pictures. If you open the ENB screenshots in an image editing program you will easily see over-exposed lights and under-exposed shadows. I would never buy a camera which gives me such pictures!

Cheers

Fritz

Thank you all very much for your comments! I am glad i haven't start a War :wacko:

@mikee - great to see you're taking it all in good spirit! I forgot to add that they're damn' good screenies in any case! Nice unusual angles. I tend to get stuck in the "classic" 3/4 outside views and always find it refreshing to see more adventurous views!

Thank you very much Adam for your nice comments, i appreciated it! And thanks again for voting me in the screenshot contest ::)

Thanks for the comparison, Mikee, but I agree with Adam, I like the default colors more!

Of course it is a question of individual taste and of the monitor you are using, but there are objective means to compare the pictures. If you open the ENB screenshots in an image editing program you will easily see over-exposed lights and under-exposed shadows. I would never buy a camera which gives me such pictures!

Cheers

Fritz

Thank you Fritz for your comments! Everyone has it's own opinion and taste and it is respected and nicely commented by all of us!

Thanks for having taken the time to do the comparison. Through that exercise, everybody will now have a clear idea of what each software is producing and be in a position to keep what they have or to switch. Glad you did. Great pictures all over.

Archived