Bush pilots, the best 0.55 secs

Venturi

A cool video and one of the most challenging aspects f bush flying. I saw something like this on Air Alaska (Discovery Channel show - the "air" version of Ice Road Truckers) - the idea is to skim the water just enough in order to slow down enough to stop on the short beach or "sand bar" (more like rock bar) - too shallow-your are too fast/too long; too deep - you plant the nose in the drink.

Been trying to figure out if there is a way to do this in FSX. I got the Piper Pacer with bush wheels and want to try it out. I don't have the ORBX Alaska scenery but I do have PNW blue which has some possibilities as well as NZ SI which has a lot of sandbars/rivers from the various glaciers - problem if you hit the water with wheels you'll get a "Splash" - Maybe there's a way to edit the aircraft.cfg file so that the wheels are both floats and wheels?

Thoughts?

R/ Hangar

A cool video and one of the most challenging aspects f bush flying. I saw something like this on Air Alaska (Discovery Channel show - the "air" version of Ice Road Truckers) - the idea is to skim the water just enough in order to slow down enough to stop on the short beach or "sand bar" (more like rock bar) - too shallow-your are too fast/too long; too deep - you plant the nose in the drink.

Been trying to figure out if there is a way to do this in FSX. I got the Piper Pacer with bush wheels and want to try it out. I don't have the ORBX Alaska scenery but I do have PNW blue which has some possibilities as well as NZ SI which has a lot of sandbars/rivers from the various glaciers - problem if you hit the water with wheels you'll get a "Splash" - Maybe there's a way to edit the aircraft.cfg file so that the wheels are both floats and wheels?

Thoughts?

R/ Hangar

The A2A Piper Cub with Accu-Sim can do this, and I'd highly recommend the aircraft.

BTW, incredible video! Thanks for sharing.

Archived