Tasmania tour part 5: Smithton to Launceston

Stillwater

Inspired by a beautiful dusk flight of Terry I continued yesterday´s tour ( http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56700-tasmania-tour-part-5-queenstown-to-smithton/ ) immediately, instead of staying the virtual night in Smithton.

It was already late when taking off over Stanley and The Nut ...

Posted Image

... crossing Sawyer Bay ...

Posted Image

... and approaching Wynyard, which is usually a "must-land" airport due to its magnificient OZx design by Ken.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But darkness was coming fast, so I decided to go on over Burnie...

Posted Image

... towards Bell Bay Aluminium Smelter Factory in Georgetown:

Posted Image

A bit too late, so I repeated this part with a Maule some minutes earlier - and a 3rd approach, again somewhat earlier, still appears to be needed for coming close to Terry´s magnificient shot:

Posted Image

OK, for today its time to land. Launceston´s usual 32L approach. Not to easy to see the Lancair itself...:

Posted Image

A short flight, with beautiful "Terry light". Hope you like the dusk here.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. Screenies from dusk sometimes look fascinating, sometimes simply too dark, so your judgement is really helpful.

we need YDPO me thinks

great shots

"we need YDPO me thinks" Ken Hall.

The very place for a nice little payware.. we have not had an Aussie small port for a while, and you are the man to do it Ken. Teecee.

Oh yes, my friends, if you two cannot tell that, who can? So far many thanks for what you´ve already created, it´s great fun!

Archived