RV100 Obsession

Adam Banks

This is getting decidedly unhealthy! Here's my last "milk run" from NZAA to NZWN.

Early morning start ... climb those stairs!

Posted Image

Animated conveyor and baggage trucks!

Posted Image

Taxying out ...

Posted Image

Hold on - still setting up the MCP!

Posted Image

Take-off was uneventful, so here are 3 classic portraits:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Qantas liveries are [also] stunning ... but I'm still hooked on ANZ!

Posted Image

A lot of New Zealand looks like this! Saves on tiles, anyway :lol:

Posted Image

One from the other side, for a change ...

Posted Image

... nah .. this side is less bleached out!

Posted Image

NZWN approach ...

Posted Image

The Avro RV100/BAe 146 isn't *that* elegant but it has lots of character. Qualitywings have done well with this one!

Very nice ! From where did you get the repaint ?

Looks like you may have not seen my *other* RV100 topic (I promise not to start any more!!! :lol:) ....

- the repaint can be found on AussieX (along with the Qantas ones). This excellent ANZ one was done by Jeansy : http://aussiex.org/f...zealand-zk-nzk/

@moonman ... I *think* my health is OK ... they've just given me a nice white suit to wear ... with weird lace-ups on the back. The nice man from the white van gave it to me! O0

Adam.

Looks like you may have not seen my *other* RV100 topic (I promise not to start any more!!! :lol:) ....

- the repaint can be found on AussieX (along with the Qantas ones). This excellent ANZ one was done by Jeansy : http://aussiex.org/f...zealand-zk-nzk/

@moonman ... I *think* my health is OK ... they've just given me a nice white suit to wear ... with weird lace-ups on the back. The nice man from the white van gave it to me! O0

Adam.

Many thanks for the information :)

Promise, will have a look to the other topic :D

Good to see you are enjoying the 146. I have it on good authority you have mastered the cold and dark starts. Did you use the standard procedure of if it is off, turn it on?

Bob - it's all your fault - you persuaded me to get the QW version! :D

To set “Cold and Dark†as a default startup for every variant, add the line PanelState=01_Cold_And_Dark.PNL to the file qw146.cfg (in fsx_root/QualityWings). If you want to do a manual cold & dark startup on individual aircraft, use the MCDU/PNL method as described in the Quick Start Manual.

I've created a re-working of the QW Quick Start Manual and uploaded the guide to NZFSIM: http://www.nzfsim.or...146_startup.pdf

@dolf - you want MORE?? Right! Lemme go load up a Qantas livery! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hi Adam - I'm still not quite convinced. Andy chance you might bring one or two additional posts showing off this plane (and - yes - I have seen your other post already) ;)

Just kidding! These pics are fantastic and I'm just that bit closer to getting this bird thanks to you...

Cheers

Mallard

(but you are still welcome to show off more of theRV100/ 146 IMHO) :D

Thanks for the prod - but I'll have to wait for a customer of mine to cough up some money before I can take the plunge...

That sounds woefully familiar! Errmmm ... you *have* sent the invoice, haven't you? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm freelance/self-employed ... happy to do the work, but the paperwork .... arrrrgh! I'm lucky to have clients that beg/nag me for invoices!

Yep - I did send the invoice. But some (thankfully few) customers like to take advantage of me setting a payment target for up to four weeks from the date of the invoice. And, of course, it's mostly the ones with the higher bills that like to do that. Anyway - a few hundred should land in the kitty any day now, begging to be spent (or at least some of it put in the savings account towards FTX Global) ;)

Cheers

Mallard

Archived