Dangerous Roads

I was actually shocked to realize I've driven on more dangerous roads within 30 minutes of my home.  (In the mountains, not the streets which are more dangerous than the steep, rocky roads...lol)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Back in 2012 I took the steam locomotive fireman's course on the Cumbres & Toltek RR.  Day three we ran a freight train from Chama, NM to Antonito, CO.  The trip by rail (64 miles) was lovely. Leaving the train overnight at Antonito, we took the motor coach back to Chama.  Scariest trip in any vehicle I've ever taken.  Don't know how the bus could stay on the road!  Next morning got on the bus again to go back to Antonito to bring the train back.  Another scary bus ride.  The train trip was great, taking turns with the other students firing the engine.  Between shifts we rode in the caboose.

Rob is right.  There are some mighty scary roads close to home!  (Another one is the road around Storm King Mountain near West Point M.A.).

Ken

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

They have focused just on the topography, for example India traffic has other challenges:

u7pkEPx.jpeg

NV1stTe.jpeg

That might be a problem Gerold. 😀

• Like 4

Gibraltar was a pain, cars just stopping everywhere and no space....

scariest for me was journey in a local bus from Nairobi to Nanyuki...mad drivers, dead cows, vehicles going the wrong way up dual carriageways...

• Like 2

Without going into detail, driving in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, was during Desert Storm was the greatest danger I faced in a "war zone."

Ken

• Like 3