Eggbeaters heaven!

Even before seeing @ikbeniks post ...

... I planned to do a little teaser tour around the same region. So I can add some more views.

cK5jvJK.jpeg

Of course there are some Elephants at Elephant Hills:

V3osBGF.jpeg

Closing in to the Falls...

4HxPEKn.jpeg

... and there is real thunder around!

BRjZdzz.jpeg

PWjC6Lk.jpeg

Now... deviating from the real scenic flights... into Batoka Gorge!

GQmtLtG.jpeg

6j1dzr9.jpeg

GiN3a5M.jpeg

rR4WbS8.jpeg

ZYsmXuG.jpeg

At the rapids there are numerous helipads.

uzjIIxV.jpeg

5beXBcp.jpeg

And, as a bonus, there is also some wildlife in the scenery.

oB2pZjL.jpeg

9fdOu6N.jpeg

BTW: From the Zambian side you can also make a scenic flight with an Ultralight. You just can not take a camera with you on these flights.

IxBVauq.jpeg

• Like 7

Great shots Gerold, hope you are well because it was a bit narrow there in the canyon. 🙂

Is that the Cowan H125 for msfs? And if so is it equipped with a working AP for cruise?

My Cowan Bell 222 has an AP in XP but not in msfs and this is really bad...

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 7:02 PM, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots these. 

cheers

Iain 

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Great of shots Gerold! 

Thanks Adam.

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

very nice set, I breathed in for the little canyon......

Thank you Wayne - you have probably seen the video that someone else was able to take? Then you can nearly guess the experience. You have to slow down a lot before the first hairpin, and you really have to know what is coming after the next corner...

On 7/13/2024 at 7:04 AM, andiflyit said:

Great shots Gerold, hope you are well because it was a bit narrow there in the canyon. 🙂

Is that the Cowan H125 for msfs? And if so is it equipped with a working AP for cruise?

My Cowan Bell 222 has an AP in XP but not in msfs and this is really bad...

Thanks Andy, I did not scrap the canyoun walls with my rotating wings. Or at least the sim did not recognize it...

Indeed this is the CowanSim H125. Unfortunately it does not have an AP - does any helicopter for MSFS already have one (I would love that)?

But it is really easy to fly and can be trimmed very good, so that you can manage some, say, 10-minute-straight flight legs without too much work. And you can easily slow it down and bring it to hovering mode.

• Like 1

I'm probably one of the few XP screenshooters here and it's time to admit that it's 'no contest' between MSFS and Laminar scenery wise.  Gerold - I remember when we were all FSX'rs or P3D'rs and the playing ground was level.  These latest Victoria Falls shots are out of my league and pretty good.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Iain!

Thanks Adam.

Thank you Wayne - you have probably seen the video that someone else was able to take? Then you can nearly guess the experience. You have to slow down a lot before the first hairpin, and you really have to know what is coming after the next corner...

Thanks Andy, I did not scrap the canyoun walls with my rotating wings. Or at least the sim did not recognize it...

Indeed this is the CowanSim H125. Unfortunately it does not have an AP - does any helicopter for MSFS already have one (I would love that)?

But it is really easy to fly and can be trimmed very good, so that you can manage some, say, 10-minute-straight flight legs without too much work. And you can easily slow it down and bring it to hovering mode.

This was a big quote...🙂  You can try the HPG Airbus H-135 which is freeware and the installer is at Flightsim.to. It has an AP fully capable of all

cruise activities above 60. Have a look at AVSIM and my post "Channel Islands", it's that helicopter. Good to fly. 

6 hours ago, olderndirt said:

I'm probably one of the few XP screenshooters here and it's time to admit that it's 'no contest' between MSFS and Laminar scenery wise.  Gerold - I remember when we were all FSX'rs or P3D'rs and the playing ground was level.  These latest Victoria Falls shots are out of my league and pretty good.

I think the question is who wants to create hd scenery for Xplane. If you look at the True Earth sceneries for XP and the HD airports there, 

it can compete with every scenery for msfs. But since msfs is out they all make scenery for msfs and the other sims are more and more ignored.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, andiflyit said:

You can try the HPG Airbus H-135 which is freeware and the installer is at Flightsim.to. It has an AP fully capable of all

cruise activities above 60.

As far as I know the HPG H-135 has been freeware some time ago, but is not any longer. However, good to know it has a working AP!

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

As far as I know the HPG H-135 has been freeware some time ago

It's freeware Gerold, I have the installer on my desktop and just reinstalled it for free instead of copy it back from my weird old community folder.

The H135 is freeware, the H145 is payware and the H160 is payware. All aircraft has AP and H145 and H160 have more complete avionics and

extended navigation systems, so if you want to fly a heli with a flightplan and ILS it's useful. If you just want to hop around in the heli the

H135 can do it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, andiflyit said:

It's freeware Gerold, I have the installer on my desktop and just reinstalled it for free instead of copy it back from my weird old community folder.

The H135 is freeware, the H145 is payware and the H160 is payware. All aircraft has AP and H145 and H160 have more complete avionics and

extended navigation systems, so if you want to fly a heli with a flightplan and ILS it's useful. If you just want to hop around in the heli the

H135 can do it.

Downloaded it, and will try ... next week only, too busy currently.

When I looked some months ago it seemed to be payware, could it be this changes from time to time?

5 hours ago, jean marc said:

great helico flight Gerold !!

I will try it ... and of course looking too for wildlife of course 🙂

Merci Jean Marc! And there is much more wildlife around, so indeed a packed scenery pack!

• Upvote 1

Great set Gerold! Nice perspective shots. As a child my Family stayed at Elephant Hills Lodge, I still remember the funny scene of my older brother being chased by a warthog! This scenery is excellent :)

• Haha 2