TAIMODELS release EGCC Manchester International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

65e1662b1bd92.jpg

TAIMODELS release EGCC Manchester International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Grab your copy here: https://orbxdirect.com/product/taimodels-egcc-msfs

Features:

• Handmade and detailed PBR ground markings and textures according to the most recent airport situation.
  • Handmade, Realistic terminals, cargo buildings airport buildings using MSFS PBR materials.
  • Realistic airport lighting.
  • Taxiways, aprons.
  • Optimized for performance to be used on most types of systems.
  • Custom jetways

This scenery hasn’t received the best feedback on several forums so far. I don’t think the promo pictures/videos helped.

Not yet purchased, but would be nice to hear from anyone that has purchased.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I switched from P3D to MSFS about a year ago and haven't been on the forum since as there hasn't been anything to report or discuss from my part.

However I acquired Manchester Airport yesterday for MSFS and to my regret came across an elevation problem. Between the end of the runway 23R and the terminal is the terrain elevated in such a way that one cannot use it.

I must remark that this problem already occured in a less significant way in the default scenery. One of the reasons I acquired the airport from Orbx.

The odd thing is that I haven't seen any report on a similar problem related to MSFS on Manchester airport. Could somebody help me to solve it.

Regards and thank you

Hans Smeets

I  have attached a screenshot of the problem looking to the Southwest

egcc elev.jpg

Hi Hans.

I'm certainly not seeing this - nor can I really recognise the spot the screenshot is taken from.

For comparison here's what I see between 23R and the terminal. I can't really recognise the building in your screenshot (the only one which looks a bit like it is the one to the left of the tower in my shot.

EGCC.thumb.jpg.51662d6f6ab79b8d1f5884a4c149116d.jpg

If I were seeing what you see I'd check I had no other scenery for this area active and try uninstalling and re-installing the scenery via OC.

All the best,

John

• Thanks 1

Thanks Nick and John,

The picture is taken from gate 12 towards the Southwest, so further down from the point yours is, John.

I have attached a new picture taken after I did what has been advised by Nick. The problem is still there.Anu other solutions. In the meantime I will re-install the product as the only product in the community folder.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hans

egcc.jpg

51 minutes ago, hanss said:

In the meantime I will re-install the product as the only product in the community folder.

Definitely the best next step Hans.

To me it looks like you have another scenery for the airport installed. Looking at your screenshot there seems to be another version of the building I've highlighted sitting on top of the Taimodels one.

EGCC2.thumb.jpg.a7bd9133e954b0440ff09ed8fe82077d.jpg

All the best,

John

Hello John,

It looks as you say. I have a picture with an emty community folder and that looks ok.

I will slowly fill the community folder and see when it occurs again.

Thanks

egcc no community.jpg

Hello,

I have slowly filled the community folder as promised. It stayed as it should be until I installed the Manchester airport scenery from Orbx. Then I got the same elevation problem as the one I started with.

I would say it is a problem in the scenery itself.

Some suggestions?

Regards and thanks in advance

Hans

Hello,
the idea is to put just the EGCC model in your Community folder and then add back your other add-ons until you find the one that conflicts.
In all cases, leave the Tai Models EGCC in the Community folder.

The best way forwards from where you are now, is to take out half of what you added back.
If the problem has gone, then remove the remaining addons and put back half of the ones you took out.
If the problem is still there, take half of the remaining add-ons out and so on
If the problem is still gone, take that half out and put back the other half.
Continue like that and soon, you will have very few other add-ons and you should be able to isolate the problem one.

• Thanks 1

As Nick said, Hans, start with a community folder which only contains the Taimodels EGCC.

I'm assuming that will look fine.

Then add other scenery until you find the conflicting one.

All the best,

John

At the risk of being repetitive, this is how I tracked down a similar problem. 

I created 4 folders

Community 

Non-scenery

Pre-test

Tested

Community contains EGCC

Non-scenery contains all aircraft, bush trips, and the like

Pre-test contains scenery files

Tested contains files that have been tested and found to be OK. 

I only move 10 folders at a time. After moving 10 folders into Community, I start MSFS and confirm there's no problem. Those files then get moved into Tested. Repeat until the problem appears. At this point, write down the 10 folder names and move them back into the Pre-test folder. Pick three of them and move them into the Community folder. If they're OK, they go into the Tested folder. Repeat for another 3, hopefully eventually one of the 10 folders will be identified. 

In the unlikely event that none of the scenery files creates the problem, you can repeat the process with the folders in the Non-scenery folder. 

One thing that you can assume is that it is probably a UK scenery creating the problem, it looks like an ADE file that is generating incorrect runway and taxiway elevations, including a flatten file that causes that mesh cliff. 

Hello,

After I have moved all the files as you suggested, I installed Manchester from Orbx Central. Now the only file in the community directory gives the following picture of the same place from the same position.

Strange isn't it.

Regards

Hans

EGCC 2nd pic.jpg

On 6/16/2024 at 12:03 PM, hanss said:

Thanks Nick and John,

The picture is taken from gate 12 towards the Southwest, so further down from the point yours is, John.

I have attached a new picture taken after I did what has been advised by Nick. The problem is still there.Anu other solutions. In the meantime I will re-install the product as the only product in the community folder.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hans

egcc.jpg

Hello,
I am seeing this at the exact same place:

23.jpg

so I guess that there must still be a conflicting product.
If it's not in the Community folder, could it be something that you bought from the Marketplace?

Hello all,

Thank you for bringing me on the right track.

As I could not solve it via looking into the community folder, I also took the official folder into consideration.

I found another scenery of Manchester airport which I bought long time ago. Deleting this one from the "one store" directory solved the problem.

It is my ignorance, sorry. But I would thank you all for your help.

Regards

Hans

PS: would it not be possible to merge the community and the official folder to get a better overview of the scenery which one has in possession.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1