Could we possibly have one new download for P3D 4,5,6

It's been a long while since anything new has come for P3D.

I know MSFS is the choice of most but there are a few of us still on LM software.

Could somebody do Perth Airport Australia?  I believe it was "WIP" some years ago?

Cheers

Ken

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I

3 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

It's been a long while since anything new has come for P3D.

I know MSFS is the choice of most but there are a few of us still on LM software.

Could somebody do Perth Airport Australia?  I believe it was "WIP" some years ago?

Cheers

Ken

I'm for this as well Ken. I only have p3dv5 and it's just getting

a little boring. Not because I dislike it but it seems it's on

the back burners now sadly.😟

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

I

I'm for this as well Ken. I only have p3dv5 and it's just getting

a little boring. Not because I dislike it but it seems it's on

the back burners now sadly.😟

cheers

Gumby

First up - I don't want to start a flaming war between sims - but Ken and Gumby have nudged me into a short story in reverse.

About 5 weeks ago - I analyzed my MSFS use - My MS hangar has more aircraft than a museum - a stuffed up Community - a TB disc

just as stuffed -time for a change ?? - should I wait for 2024 before I did any changes - including a new 2TB drive ?? - and I did the following.

Despite all the birds in MS - I really missed some of the aircraft I flew in real life - because they weren't in MS - and I flew in P3D and X plane

viz - the Saratoga - the Navajo PA 31 - The Lancaster and Halifax and B24 bombers my dad flew in WW11 - The single Comanche and other

A2A aircraft in P3D - PA 28  and Cessna 150 and 172 etc.

The original pipers - PA 140 I learned how to fly in - and the PA 32 that I owned -(avatar) - in X plane - so - on another TB disc - I loaded 

the full P3D 5 - and a few aircraft - along with 310 GB of Orbx - reloaded XP 11 and a few aircraft. 

Note - I rarely fly anything more than VFR/IFR below 10K

I had forgotten the problems I had with P3D 5 - dumped it - and reinstalled all again with P3D4 - but honestly - I had to give it up - so difficult to

get my Honeycomb set up to work consistently - and the scenery - despite Orbx true Earth - OH HUM!!:banghead:

XP was better - and the controls were default  - but the scenery - once again - " how did we put up with these - before MSFS"

What should I do - Reload DSC and IL 2 - all missions - and fly - ignoring the scenery - but have some fun with warbird action and fast flying ??

Or - bite the bullet - Start again - with my new 2TB SSD - windows 11 - and a reinstall of the current 2020 - un stuffed - with a 

community file that I only need for concentration of geographical areas and certain aircraft that I need to learn better

Do more Tube altitude long distance flights - and night flights -

and get up - out of bed - earlier - to spend more time flying - car racing:rolleyes::D

Decision - decisions!!:o

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

nice post John, I've had a similar experience lately, reinstall of p3dv5 & 6, and yeah I forgot about all the fuss....true earth is the best bit....I was missing certain planes but in all honesty I have not bothered.....I too have a lot of, we'll just politely call it 'stuff' that I downloaded for MSFS but used once then decided it's not for me, I am considering a complete reinstall of the sim and just loading what I use regularly, see I'm getting a new rig, monitor, chair etc next year (2025) so if I can have the will power I'll wait until next year to get 2024 but we'll see...

I'd like to get out of bed later (still gotta work, mortgage etc) but I am still finding time for GT7 & WRC Generations as well as the flying, nice decisions to have I guess....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I remain devoted to P3D and so far I am not tempted by MSFS.  So I am very much saddened that Orbx and other devs have abandoned P3D and stopped releasing new products for it.  

I hope Gumby is right about the "back burner," but I fear that "under the sink" is more like it.

Sad, because I have a LONG wishlist I would gladly spend money on, and I don't think I'm alone.

Ken

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken Q said:

I remain devoted to P3D and so far I am not tempted by MSFS.  So I am very much saddened that Orbx and other devs have abandoned P3D and stopped releasing new products for it.  

I hope Gumby is right about the "back burner," but I fear that "under the sink" is more like it.

Sad, because I have a LONG wishlist I would gladly spend money on, and I don't think I'm alone.

Ken

I’m with you.  I have msfs and fly it occasionally, but love the airliners in P3d too much so P3dv5 remains my primary sim.  I just picked up FT YSSY and am flying around Australia for the first time ever and loving it.  Will be picking up Australia V2, NZ islands as well as many Orbx Aussie airports in the near future. So, while these products aren’t new, they are new to me at least and I’m really excited about it. 

Hopefully we’ll see some more development for P3d.  This may be dumb and naive, but a part of me thinks that new simmers that have just started in msfs may also give P3d a shot due to aircraft and weather fidelity (the two most important areas of a flight sim that msfs is still lacking in).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I've stayed with P3D4 because of the wonderful range of aircraft available and the perfectly adequate Orbx global scenery. I have MSFS 2020 and am still struggling to get the controls assigned to my liking and am still experiencing the bugs others have noted. For me, it's still frustrating, but, oh, that scenery! I'm hoping MSFS 24 will be easier for me to work with because I do love that scenery level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I've stayed with P3D4 because of the wonderful range of aircraft available and the perfectly adequate Orbx global scenery. I have MSFS 2020 and am still struggling to get the controls assigned to my liking and am still experiencing the bugs others have noted. For me, it's still frustrating, but, oh, that scenery! I'm hoping MSFS 24 will be easier for me to work with because I do love that scenery level.

Yea I’m the same way.  I can never get msfs to behave the way I want it to, whereas P3d is so customizable.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice post John, I've had a similar experience lately, reinstall of p3dv5 & 6, and yeah I forgot about all the fuss....true earth is the best bit....I was missing certain planes but in all honesty I have not bothered.....I too have a lot of, we'll just politely call it 'stuff' that I downloaded for MSFS but used once then decided it's not for me, I am considering a complete reinstall of the sim and just loading what I use regularly, see I'm getting a new rig, monitor, chair etc next year (2025) so if I can have the will power I'll wait until next year to get 2024 but we'll see...

I'd like to get out of bed later (still gotta work, mortgage etc) but I am still finding time for GT7 & WRC Generations as well as the flying, nice decisions to have I guess....

Great minds think alike !:rolleyes: - but I got all the goodies last year;)

• Like 2

Lately I have been flying the A2A T6 around the American Midwest in P3D 6.19.  The scenery and airports are much better than in P3D5.  Up until P3D6 I was not flying much out of Orbx True Earth areas.  I have no desire to try MSFS.  I'm going to stick with P3D6 and maybe stick with P3D5.  There are other developers making their scenery upgraded to P3D6.  I'm hoping Orbx will add some of them as partners.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2