I don't think so

As background  for my next novel, I've been reading about the tourist-animal interactions in the game parks of Africa. Warm and cuddly isn't the norm. Tourists get mauled trying to take a selfie with a lion, or gored trying to pet a cape buffalo, or lose an arm trying to feed a leopard. In the big preserves, the animals are truly wild and do not excuse tourists from the food chain. Your thread title is perceptive, Adam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Seems I should show these clips to my travel mates ahead of our upcoming safari… 🤣

Now I see these movies are taken in fenced areas with all east European people. Probably a Zoo. Crazy.

• Like 6

Don't people realize how quick your head could be in 500lb cats mouth or one quick sideways head movement from the big cat could snap your neck like a twig and break every bone in your face after all they are still wild animals tame or not. Thanks but no thanks, I'll watch on the tube. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I find it really scary how stupid some people are....spent 3 months in Kenya in the military, part of our job was tracking poachers, even though these animals are in a 'safari park' they are still wild, have known the poachers to be killed by what they were hunting, never needed to use it but we were armed however most would run off when we used the catapults and stones....the elephants always amazed me, gentle giants but don't come between them and their young...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1