Christmas celebration

boetie

Our family( extended) norm is to celebrate Christmas on December 25th. By this I mean the feasting of whatever is appropriate for your part of the world and exchanging gifts. Our plan this year is to celebrate our Christmas on Christmas Eve. My wife and I have let out kids know this year is different. We're going to celebrate after work on Christmas Eve. I know some cultures celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. When I do you celebrate the birth of Christ?

• Like 2

my wife always did very similar to Rodger's parents but she also kept something behind to have after lunch....our presents and dinner feast are 25th, I'm not a religious man but I do like to watch Midnight mass if I have time on the TV on Christmas eve...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Now, unfortunately, it's just the two of us.  But we still follow the same pattern my family has always had.  A nice dinner on Christmas Eve.  Then we serve at the midnight Mass, which  at our church starts at 10:00 PM Christmas Eve.  Once we get home we exchange gifts; at our age not that much.  Sleep late Christmas morning.  Then a nice dinner later.  It's my one day to get roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.  Now the challenge is finding a small enough piece of beef.

Ken

• Like 5

When the kids were growing up - we all went to mass on the morning of Christmas Day - and had a huge dinner later -

but these days - just the 2 of us - we still go to mas on Christmas morning and then join in a huge very much increased

family at my no 5 sons house - which is large enough to hold all of us - for Christmas lunch - then they all scatter to do the

same at various in-laws.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

When the kids were growing up - we all went to mass on the morning of Christmas Day - and had a huge dinner later -

but these days - just the 2 of us - we still go to mas on Christmas morning and then join in a huge very much increased

family at my no 5 sons house - which is large enough to hold all of us - for Christmas lunch - then they all scatter to do the

same at various in-laws.

Number 5 son is blessed John to host the family. Enjoy your day mate, and help with the washing up :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 10:33 PM, wain71 said:

that's what the dishwasher does, however it seems no one ever likes to unload it, easier to unload that than use the sink for sure...

Your household as well ?? !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1