Orbx member rankings query

Jon Clarke

I note that contributors to the forum each have a little blue circular logo(?) next to their name which reveals some kind of Ranking.

I ask because I note that since I left Orbx I was labelled as VIP. There was never an explanation given as what this title entailed or meant.

Now I see I am demoted to Member.

Who designates these rankings?

Maybe someone at Orbx can explain the purpose of these rankings and the benefits, if any, that go with the title

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For the ordinary poster I think that depends on the number of posts made, starting with "Newbie" ending with "VIP Member". There are exceptions, e. g. like Rodger became a VIP membership rewarded only recently or like you have been a VIP when you have been with Orbx.

In your profile you will see the number of posts you have made so far and "Llife Member 5/6", indicating there is just one higher rank you can reach, namely "VIP Member", which is 6/6. For this you have to have 10,000 posts made, I think. The first Orbx member who had achieved this was Iain.

And for each rank there is a different batch, the blue one with the rocket (?) reserved for "Life Members".

Edit because of bad spelling.

Edited by wolfko
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I note that contributors to the forum each have a little blue circular logo(?) next to their name which reveals some kind of Ranking.

I ask because I note that since I left Orbx I was labelled as VIP. There was never an explanation given as what this title entailed or meant.

Now I see I am demoted to Member.

Who designates these rankings?

Maybe someone at Orbx can explain the purpose of these rankings and the benefits, if any, that go with the title

For everything you did around here Jon , they demote you ....... go figure . ☹️😒

Cheers

John

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BradB said:

For everything you did around here Jon , they demote you ....... go figure . ☹️😒

Cheers

John

I think you'll find it's an automatic process, based on the coding for the bulletin board.  

So it's not actually a demotion, just a change in status, due I think to activity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

for the VIP 10,000 post mark

Okay Rob so you're a VIP and we're not, no need to rub it in :lol:

Congratulations, by the way. Looks like you reached this elevated status quite recently :)

All I have to do is reply to this thread 7,100 times ;)

All the best,

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 2