Max goes to school

I got dragged to doggie school last Sunday. I finally convinced my wife that Max HAD to be trained. Not that I walk him a lot, I call on my grandkids to do that, I love walking him, but

I don't have the strength to control him anymore. I need him to walk quietly beside me, not career off down the street with me in tow. It's fifty kilo's of flying Labrador, if you've seen those comic sketches of dogs dragging owners down the street - yep that's what I look like 🤪. Just hoping he doesn't take off and wrap me around a lamp post. 

Even the trainer said, "wow that's a big strong dog". And so, it looks like I'm going to doggie school for the next five weeks. Right now, I'm trying to convince my son he should take him with my wife. Not having much luck.  He's a beautiful boy, love him lots, pure bread blood lines from the UK. The breeder had the sperm flown in from the UK so you can probably appreciate his value. He is the daddy of the puppies I posted photo's of some time back. Anyway I've finished waffling......... Max

MAXmod.JPG.85467ab5547e92be8f2732804c5bde05.JPG

Thank for looking/reading 🙂

Don

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, Iain Emms said:

Nice one Don it will all be worth it in the end.

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain. He graduated 😁 with honors. Even won the heart of his trainer, she said he was the biggest Lab she had ever had in her classes. I realise this when he tries to climb on my lap. 50 kilo's is a bit heavy. It was worth it all in the end. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 4:15 PM, Stillwater said:

You never know, maybe Max even LIKES to go to school? What if he finds a girlfriend there? Thinking back...

Had to keep an eye on him during class, he had his eye on a poodle, which was really funny, she stood underneath him. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/21/2023 at 9:45 AM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Had to keep an eye on him during class, he had his eye on a poodle, which was really funny, she stood underneath him. 😂

Haha, exactly what I assumed. Have fun...!

On 12/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks everyone for the comments, and I'm sorry for the late replies, but unfortunately my health has been pretty bad of late. 

Let's hope better late than never.

Don

All the best for a good recovery, Don.

• Like 1