Orbx App install drive

stevebarker12

Since it sits in the appdata location of your Users folder I'd say it needs to be there for all sorts of reasons.

I guess you could research whether you can use some sort of linking program to move it somewhere else and point to it, but my gut feeling is that would cause more problems even if you could do it.

Unfortunately some things have to be in the Users folder and that sits in the C Drive and I think you'll have to live with it.

• Like 1

Almost guaranteed there would be all sorts of temp files and the like sitting on your c drive. 

There's a program called tree size free that let's you quickly get a visual representation of all the folder and subfolder sizes. 

There are also many programs that can detect unused files and delete them, I used to use one called ccleaner. They allow you to choose categories and files to delete. 

When space was a problem for me I used to get a lot of room by just locating the temp files for internet Explorer, that folder was usually GBs in size. 

17 hours ago, stevebarker12 said:

Im afraid my PC knowledge doesnt extend to replacing my internal SSD C drive with a  larger SSD - unless it involves plugging it in externally via a USB !!

It is just that simple. A disc drive docking station connected to a USB port will solve the problem. It can be used with either a SSD or a HDD. Here's one source of more information  https://www.andrewmacarthy.com/andrew-macarthy-social-media/best-hard-drive-docking-station  .

12 hours ago, stevebarker12 said:

But i cant see how the c drive would be disabled - physically and IT wise -  and replaced with an external drive in the docking station.

I'm sorry. I wasn't too clear. I didn't mean move your C drive to the external drive. Leave the C drive where it is and move other stuff like Orbx to the external drive.

On 9/19/2023 at 4:55 AM, Rob Abernathy said:

Like you Steve, I ran out of space on my C drive.  Local PC shop replaced my 250GB SSD with 1 Terrabyte SSD for $200, parts and labor.  Plus they cloned my old C drive to the new one.  

Think ill invest in a new pc in next 6 months. Im just about managing with 250gb at moment. Next pc will have to be several TBs! 😁

Hello,
judging by your first post, your C drive is not the only one.
I guess that I may be a fairly typical flight simulator user and yet my C drive looks like this:

4.jpg

As mentioned above, unless there are numerous programs in use that have nothing to do with flight simulation,
all storing huge files on the C drive, a C drive should not need to be any larger than 250 GB.
I would guess that with a little more housekeeping, you could well find that you don't need a larger one.

As an aside, the rest of my PC has 16TB of internal storage available and another 10TB of external storage.:)