What happened to Orbx's partnership with Pyreegue Dev Co?

WebMaximus

I was happy to hear how Pyreegue the other day released their scenery for EGNX for MSFS which I was planning to buy.

Some time ago, I took the decision to only buy and use airport scenery products either from Orbx or Aerosoft. This after I got sick of the clutter on my PC using a myriad of installers from various publishers and developers.

In this case though, I was confident I would be able to find Pyreegue's newly released EGNX for MSFS after already having bought several of their other products in here in the past. Which is why I was puzzled when I realized this new and highly anticipated product isn't to to found in here.

What happened?

On 7/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
you can read the developer's intentions here: 
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/upcoming-egnx-by-pyreegue/586632/66?u=ancientdisc6642
As I am sure you know.

Nick, with all due respect the guy is a customer, you answered fairly but dropped in one of your Snarcky bombs again at the end, as in ... As I am sure you know

Why do you do that? is it an ego thing, I know some folk think its funny and you are who you are ETC and feed off it, but it gets old fast. If Sky TV or my gas and electricity were to correspond to me in that fashion there would be major complaints.

No doubt I am in your black book again for a ban, but honestly, please try to be a bit more respectful to Orbx's official customers and legitimate questions ... seriously mate. :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

@B12 Thanks buddy!

I couldn't agree more with how the attitude both in here but also at some other places often isn't what you expect as a paying customer when communicating with the company you bought your products from. I'm not really sure why this is within the FS community and with a certain set of developers/publishers but it's been like this for as long as I can remember and I've been around for many years. Wouldn't fly in most other situations IRL, that's for sure. I work with customer success and satisfaction professionally.

@Nick Cooper We've had our encounters in the past with some nasty comments flying around every now and then and like B12 points out, they don't really go well with a professional company. If that is what Orbx like to be. Where you are representing Orbx when communicating with us in here. Looking at this specific example, surely I wouldn't have asked my question in here if I already saw the information you linked to.

With all this said, great again to hear how we'll all be able to buy EGNX also via Orbx down the road. The scenery truly looks stunning from what I've seen so far on YouTube etc 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FSElite approached Pyreegue Dev Co for comment and a representative at the company told us “I am unable to go into further detail at this time, however I can assure you that [Pyreegue] did everything possible  make this work for us both and we have always respected our agreement with Orbx”.

A spokesperson at Orbx told FSElite: “The terms of our exclusive agreements are private and we will not disclose them. We wish Pyreegue all the best. I have no further comments.”

I have all the Pyreegue sceneries purchased here, so what now? Do I have to install an additional platform just to buy a new scenery? It's starting to get ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, rafgath said:

FSElite approached Pyreegue Dev Co for comment and a representative at the company told us “I am unable to go into further detail at this time, however I can assure you that [Pyreegue] did everything possible  make this work for us both and we have always respected our agreement with Orbx”.

A spokesperson at Orbx told FSElite: “The terms of our exclusive agreements are private and we will not disclose them. We wish Pyreegue all the best. I have no further comments.”

I have all the Pyreegue sceneries purchased here, so what now? Do I have to install an additional platform just to buy a new scenery? It's starting to get ridiculous.

This might add context to rafgath's post:

https://www.facebook.com/pyreegue/

@WebMaximus @B12
Hello to both of you.
There was no intention to be rude or indeed "Snarky".
I am sorry that you feel that way, I have seen that Richard reads the other forums, as I do.
I am obliged to B12 for pointing out to me the error of my ways and I will try hard not to
make the same mistake again.
It appears from the posts above that events have overtaken us all.

• Like 1

We have enjoyed and continue to enjoy open and honest relationships with our exclusive partners. Our goal is to continue to operate with the highest ethical standards, and we can't control what others do or say, or how they behave. 

Our partnerships with developers, suppliers and partners, of which we have many, are paramount to us, and we continue to support those who are prepared to work with us and maintain these high standards.

9 hours ago, rafgath said:

Your sceneries will continue to work as usual. No interruptions!

As indicated in a post on a similar topic, I find the parting of the ways with Pyreeque such a sad issue.  Surely this can be resolved, with the good will of both parties, rather than the relationship coming to such a crashing end - or is there more to it than is being said?

DaveR

4 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

From what I've read, I don't think we'll have more information than what was already given.

Truly sad with Orbx being one of the major players in the market and with Pyreegue being one of the top developers.

I agree 😔

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 4:56 PM, WebMaximus said:

Yep, truly annoying when I for the reasons mentioned above decided to stick with only the most reliable installers IMO...Orbx Central and Aerosoft One.

Guess I'll pass on EGNX for now anyway.

That’s a shame as this is probably his best airport yet. It’s really fantastic. 

• Like 1