Thank you for NA Pacific Northwest Update!

Zylx

Thank you to Orbx and Chris Clack for the recent update to the NA Pacific Northwest regional scenery!

I'm so happy to see more P3Dv5 compatibility updates for regional scenery and I really hope to see more updates in the future.  So far I own 8 different regional type sceneries (as well as all of the global range scenery) and I plan to buy many more.  I know some people prefer the True Earth scenery and it does look amazing but I prefer the regional scenery for P3Dv5 because it saves me a lot of hard drive space, flights load much faster and still looks really fantastic.

P.S. Can you please update the Honolulu scenery for P3Dv5?  I love flying over Hawaii and I would really like to buy it but it only looks to be P3Dv4 compatible.

Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

A clean installation is preferred.

Have a look at the update notes.

To me this is an important update.

Bravo to the Orbx team.

P3Dv54 is a very realiable and entertaining flight simulator.

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, ve2dgz said:

A clean installation is preferred.

Have a look at the update notes.

To me this is an important update.

Bravo to the Orbx team.

P3Dv54 is a very realiable and entertaining flight simulator.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip, I will do that.

P3Dv5 is underrated in my opinion.  I have it looking amazing now that I've finally figured out how to set it up and tweak it the way that I want.  I've tried all flight simulators on the market and P3Dv5 is becoming my favorite, alongside X-Plane 11.

I am a long time user of FSX which may be another reason why I'm partial to P3Dv5.  Anyone notice that the the same Orbx global and regional scenery looks so much better in P3Dv5 than it does in FSX?  I wonder why that is.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I'm very happy with P3D V5.4.

The NA update was also welcome. It does show that Orbx is still supporting the developers by adding the updates if they are available.

I have Orbx Honolulu running fine on my P3D V5.4? I'm not sure when I purchased it. It appears in my Orbx Purchases and I just re-installed it on my new PC last week.

However, I just went and had a look at the Orbx web site for you to check the compatibility and I can't find it for sale?

Aussie

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aussie123 said:

Personally, I'm very happy with P3D V5.4.

The NA update was also welcome. It does show that Orbx is still supporting the developers by adding the updates if they are available.

I have Orbx Honolulu running fine on my P3D V5.4? I'm not sure when I purchased it. It appears in my Orbx Purchases and I just re-installed it on my new PC last week.

However, I just went and had a look at the Orbx web site for you to check the compatibility and I can't find it for sale?

Aussie

Good to know Honolulu scenery does work in v5.  I don't own it yet so I haven't tried.  It is listed on Orbx Central, you will see it there.  In the description it only shows it's compatible with v4 which is why I mentioned it.  It is strange though, Orbx website has things listed that Central does not and Central has things listed that the website doesn't have.

Edited by Zylx
  • Like 2

Wow, I've never seen so many positive comments about P3D in one place.  I didn't think anybody liked P3D anymore. 😆

(I for one still use it because I don't want to relearn a new platform.)

Glad to see it's still liked since MSFS came out.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Wow, I've never seen so many positive comments about P3D in one place.  I didn't think anybody liked P3D anymore. 😆

I have both but I use P3Dv5 way more than I use MSFS.  I will not try to start a debate but there's good reasons why I usually prefer P3D over MSFS.  I also use X-Plane 11, I love the beautiful True Earth scenery Orbx has for it, it's truly spectacular scenery, even MSFS can't beat that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A few weeks ago there also was an extensive update for NA Pacific Fjords. The changelog was quite extensive. Made by Chris Clack. Thank you very much Chris for this work you do.

I also have MSFS on a SSD but most of the time I fly with P3Dv5.3. I have to upgrade to 5.4 but wait a few weeks. By the end of this month I will upgrade my PC with a new CPU, MB, Memory en SSD's. The CPU will be a Ryzen 7 7800X3D. That's for sure. After that I will install 5.4.  And I think to delete MSFS to save some space.

Also still buy scenery for P3D. Last week I bought EGPD from UK2000. Very happy with it. I compared it with images from Google Earth and the UK2000 version is very good. Also good FPS and night lighting. It was the first airport I bought from UK2000.

And I really hope someday we will have LC Asia from Orbx!!!

Rein

• Like 5

On 6/5/2023 at 5:08 PM, caleb1 said:

I have never been tempted by MSFS, because, quite simply, it would be incredibly difficult for me to make it compatible with my cockpit.  I have other reasons as well.  So when I updated from FSX going on to P3D 5v3 was  a no-brainer.  I am extremely happy with the choice.  I bought a new Jet line computer, so I have plenty of capability for Orbx and a few other sceneries.  I have all the Orbx that has been released that I can use including Regions and True Earth. But I have been very, very frustrated by the attention that MSFS has been getting at the expense of P3D and other sims.  So I have not bought anything in over a year. I have a wallet full of money to spend on Orbx if only they will be kind enough to offer something I can buy.  If some updates are coming, that is good sign.

I have not upgraded to version 4 yet, I'm waiting a week or two to see how the community reacts.

Ken

• Like 3

Tried hard to make the jump to MSFS but just couldn't do it. All the switching of settings and assignments, the constant hiccups, and my own confusion made it no fun at all. That's on me. I deleted it. P3D/Orbx is familiar, bug-free, and quite satisfying to fly. The Orbx updates have been great and much appreciated. Hope the team continues to keep P3D and X-Plane in its plans. Up and away!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ReinFlight said:

A few weeks ago there also was an extensive update for NA Pacific Fjords. The changelog was quite extensive. Made by Chris Clack. Thank you very much Chris for this work you do.

I also have MSFS on a SSD but most of the time I fly with P3Dv5.3. I have to upgrade to 5.4 but wait a few weeks. By the end of this month I will upgrade my PC with a new CPU, MB, Memory en SSD's. The CPU will be a Ryzen 7 7800X3D. That's for sure. After that I will install 5.4.  And I think to delete MSFS to save some space.

Also still buy scenery for P3D. Last week I bought EGPD from UK2000. Very happy with it. I compared it with images from Google Earth and the UK2000 version is very good. Also good FPS and night lighting. It was the first airport I bought from UK2000.

And I really hope someday we will have LC Asia from Orbx!!!

Rein

I didn't know about the Pacific Fjords update, I must have not noticed that one somehow.  I was flying my classic OZX Goose up in that area recently and it does look fantastic.

+1 for LC Asia!  Please Orbx, give us a reason to fly in Asia!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have done a full reinstall to 5.4, happy with what I have seen so far, I also would like LC Asia to eventually get made and released, time will tell I guess.

Interested to see if LM make any announcements and Expo later this month, it is good though to see updates from LM and 3rd parties...

I would love to see quicker loading times on initial loading of p3d..

I am using MSFS but mostly on my Xbox..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, wain71 said:

I would love to see quicker loading times on initial loading of p3d..

Yeah with all of that Orbx scenery installed it sure can take a long time to load a flight.  The global and regional scenery for P3D isn't so bad to load but the True Earth I have installed in X-Plane 11 takes even longer, especially the True Earth HD.

Tip: If using an HDD like me, make sure to remember to defragment it.  That can make a huge difference in load times.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am staying with P3D 5.4 even though I have MSFS on a slower SSD drive. I have

all the True Earth and would love to see more states added.  It is amazing photo scenery out there.  If that cannot happen then seeing more regions like central USA and north and south eastern USA.  Land classes are ok but there is a lot more in the regions.  There are still a ton of users out there on P3D and I am getting nee and updated scenery addons from others even the as of yesterday.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/8/2023 at 3:05 PM, Zylx said:

using an HDD like me, make sure to remember to defragment it.

I would recommend if possible upgrading to the m.2 ssd 4th generation.  The load times massively increase for me.  I have almost all of Orbx products and only takes about 30

seconds to load everything.  The cost of these really came down

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dean Salman said:

I am staying with P3D 5.4 even though I have MSFS on a slower SSD drive. I have

all the True Earth and would love to see more states added.  It is amazing photo scenery out there.  If that cannot happen then seeing more regions like central USA and north and south eastern USA.  Land classes are ok but there is a lot more in the regions.  There are still a ton of users out there on P3D and I am getting nee and updated scenery addons from others even the as of yesterday.  

Granted, P3D, all versions combined, came in third in the Navigraph survey. But it was a pretty close third, and that still represents a large number of users.  I fear part of the problem is that it was broken down by version, and that makes the bar graph look pretty pathetic if one looks at the versions separately.  I find this very disappointing.

My greatest disappointment, though, has to do with PilotEdge.  One of my favorite events is "SimVenture" a simulation event copying the Fisk Arrival into Oshkosh for AirVenture.  This year the initial announcement included P3D, along with X-Plane and MSFS.  But last week P3D was deleted.  This is a great event, and I had been planning on taking a couple of vacation days to participate.  I guess I'm saving my vacation this year.

I looked at both MSFS and X-Plane, and good as they might be they don't suit me. Also I have spent a lot of money on building my SIM, and just too much would have to be replaced, if I can get a replacement at all.

Ken

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bullfox said:

5.4 seems to run better, smoother and a little faster

I think you're right, Bullfox, but since I just installed it, I've not really had the chance to really put it to the test.

Ken