The Amazing ATR

Adam Banks

I've always loved the ATR (Flight1 for P3D) - and much prefer it to the excessively "pointy" Dash-8. I think the ATR is elegant and graceful.

The new MSFS ATR (though cheap) is touted as a "study aircraft". That seems to have upset a fair few people, but I genuinely think it *is*. There's an awful lot of functionality "under the hood". As there's no documentation (as yet) you'll need to grab a few YT videos - some of which are in great depth and well presented.

So ... here are the results of a few sessions - over New Zealand and the UK:

ATR72-NZNS-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-NZQN-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-NZQN-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-NZQN-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

MSFS excels with these ground textures:
ATR72-NZQN-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

Near Mount Cook:
ATR72-NZQN-05-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-NZQN-06-1350.jpg?dl=1

Auckland CBD in the mist (with the City Pack update):
ATR72-NZAA-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

Guernsey to Cornwall:
ATR72-UK-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-UK-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

It take a little time to get familiar with the ATR, but it's a hugely rewarding addon - well worth the price, IMHO.

Adam.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Great serie of shots over NZ and Sth UK, I'm also now trying to be familiar with this beautiful machine but struggling with the throttle settings.

In my Idle position I drive backwards with this plane, the setting on the ipad in cockpit is confusing for me and not clear how to adjust exactly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great serie of shots over NZ and Sth UK, I'm also now trying to be familiar with this beautiful machine but struggling with the throttle settings.

In my Idle position I drive backwards with this plane, the setting on the ipad in cockpit is confusing for me and not clear how to adjust exactly.

What contoller have you got?

I struggled for *ages* trying to get reversers to work correctly. I'll post my workaround soon - after a few more tests.

Thanks for the nice comments, folks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the reverser - my workaround is this (I have a Saitek X56):

1) In the EFB, do *not* have the reverser mapped to the axis.

2) Map a button to the F2 key (I have it set to my throttle slider via Axis and Ohs).

I find it a lot easier to not have the reverser on the throttle axis as I was always engaging reversers when trying to idle (on the ground). Once in flight, you can always pull the ground idle lever to stop you going past that detent..

• Thanks 1