Two and a half years in and still a lot of Orbx Aussie Airports lacking

Striker

I'm playing Devil's advocate here, but as a long time and devoted Orbx product purchaser (FSX, P3D, Xplane and MSFS) I'm a bit disappointed at the slow roll out of Aussie scenery for MSFS, we are sadly lacking YMML Melbourne, YBCG Goldcoast, YBCS Cairns, YBAS Alice Springs, YBRM Broome, YPMQ Port Macquarie - all previous Orbx products. We really need YPDN Darwin, YBMA Mount Isa, YPKG Kalgoorlie and YBTL Townsville to mention a few.

Can we expect these airports for consideration.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just for perspective, Orbx Central currently has 20 Australian airports, 6 cities, and Reefworld available.   

So that's 26 Australian products in the 29 months since MSFS was released.  Almost one per month.

The poor Kiwis currently only have two airports and one city.  South America only has three airports.

Don't get me wrong, I hope that all my Orbx Australian airports from P3D are eventually released for MSFS, along with lots of new ones too. 

I'm just a beta tester and don't know Orbx's plans, but based on the amount of scenery I've been testing, it seems to me that Orbx is working hard to meet the incredible demand for scenery. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Striker said:

I'm playing Devil's advocate here, but as a long time and devoted Orbx product purchaser (FSX, P3D, Xplane and MSFS) I'm a bit disappointed at the slow roll out of Aussie scenery for MSFS, we are sadly lacking YMML Melbourne, YBCG Goldcoast, YBCS Cairns, YBAS Alice Springs, YBRM Broome, YPMQ Port Macquarie - all previous Orbx products. We really need YPDN Darwin, YBMA Mount Isa, YPKG Kalgoorlie and YBTL Townsville to mention a few.

Can we expect these airports for consideration.

Steve

NZA Simulations ,one of Orbx partners has done YPKG and its free

Edited by capt sl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, capt sl said:

NZA Simulations ,one of Orbx partners has done YPKG and its free

I have their YPKG freeware which is basic but better than default and I purchased their YMHB which is very good. I guess what I'm trying to say if that Orbx is an Aussie company founded roughly in 2005 and has grown to become a world leader in scenery design for flight simmers - it would be nice if they remembered their grass roots and humble beginnings and gave product rollout preference to major Australian Airports, particularly now that they have the added resources or Partner developers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Striker said:

gave product rollout preference to major Australian Airports, particularly now that they have the added resources or Partner developers.

Not always that straight forward, Orbx Partners will obviously decide what they want to develop themselves, for example Impulse Simulations have recently announced a roadmap which is, YWLM, YBAS, YPDN, YBTL, YPPH, YPAD (I assume a v2?). As for Orbx themselves I understand from the forums that the developers themselves pick the airports they want to do - at least the indie devs, which normally is airports that mean something to them, I'm not sure about how the 'in-house team' works. But as far as I know, Marcus is working on YMML and Matteo is working on YBCG. Plus you also have the other argument of you have to develop what sells, which is why the majority of airports (not just Orbx) are in NA or Europe 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I currently have YHOT Mount Hotham in the works for Orbx. Which is not far off at all. Great approaches and interesting weather most of the time . Stay tuned! And, when Merimbula Airport has finished it's IRL apron work, this will be my next Aussie airport.image.thumb.png.567a89d257fc7951dfe2a99f2fc82de4.png image.thumb.png.6b9b4caddae773eefbd4a8ce6ee12a39.pngimage.thumb.png.6cfb55003200689f6e49db39d554da73.pngimage.thumb.png.841c8fefb89318b9b36697450d249ec8.pngimage.thumb.png.66bdb8417140d16ddc16d30d251f9def.pngimage.thumb.png.5511007cda6c6ba2651c0a3a11648b7d.png

• Like 5

Hello Striker,

Interesting question. We have all spent a lot of money supporting Orbx and I am one of them. LOL. Yep got it all for P3D etc. Now MSFS and spending more money to support Orbx. I love flying. What can i say. Finance Officer has given the thumbs up.( I am really in charge) LOL.

It would be magic to see a few more Aussie airports,  But what a huge task. So many things happening this year. Another Aussie Airport already, YBRK, thanks Orbx.

In reference to Milo's post, YHOT (Mount Hotham) and YMER (Merimbula), WOW Milo, I sometimes fly to these airports from YWGT (Wangaratta Airport). Tiger country for sure. Next time I fly I will try to get some pics.

Exciting stuff Milo.

I am happy just to wait and be patient and enjoy what we have thanks to Orbx and All Developers.

Cheers guys

Sam

Sometimes I wonder why you blokes think that Orbx - because Australia was its original target - should - in the mix of a huge WW market 

now to MSFS over the last 2 years - should supply our needs Down Under for our airports

They will continue to do the best business that brings them the dosh - and good on 'em!

Meanwhile - I am sure that Orbx would not object here - to the knowledge that on - Australia Scenery » Microsoft Flight Simulator » Flightsim.to

all those who are desperate for an Aussie drome  - outside the big cities - would have a choice of 440 or so very good representations of what

one needs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

John, I was just about to post the same content.

I haven't DL but a few of them - working on getting many more tho'.

I love Australia  - flight simming is the only way I'll ever get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1