Gamescom 2022 Germany

John Heaton

Not sure about PC Guys but the X Box crews have been looking forward to this exhibition(?)/Show for a while

and what MS are up to for the next year

We - of course are interested in  -'What's in it for us in PC and X Box?" - and rumours and wish lists have been 

all over - because MS dropped that they were bringing out some new stuff at the Show

Take  look at the video of the live broadcast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAiraI837U - surf from 

-1.07 - -- -1.44 - ie around 40 mins of pure MS Flight Simulator

In Summary - the freebie giveaways to celebrate the show are an upgrade to 5 German cities and a free (?)

aircraft - the original metal Junkers ca 1922

Various video samplers are use in the interview - showing these  - and what we can expect on Nov 11th the 40th Birthday 

of the Sim -  

which is described as a box of Chocolates - 12 Aircraft - 14 Airports 10 Glider airports - 10 other kinds of glider- heli ports

4 classical airports inc Meigs Field

One of the aircraft not mention in rumours - is "The Spruce Goose" or "Hercules - WOW!! the biggest aircraft ever built by Howard Hughes

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I think the Anniversary release targeted for November includes a number (12?) of free new aircraft - Spruce Goose, DC3 and more. Also four new airports including Meigs! There is a video just showing the 40th Anniversary preview.

• Like 5

Just now, wain71 said:

yeah I read that somewhere Paul, some nice sounding free stuff...

the DC 3 and the Airbus 310 are my objects in November - and for old time sakes - and my Commodore 64 - sheesh 40 years! - Meigs Field

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

the DC 3 and the Airbus 310 are my objects in November - and for old time sakes - and my Commodore 64 - sheesh 40 years! - Meigs Field

I am really looking forward to the Beaver :)

I gave my C64 away, but still have an Atari ST in the loft!

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 6:58 AM, paulb said:

I am really looking forward to the Beaver :)

Me too! I just hope they do it justice. I just can't figure out why we have never had a really good, complex level Beaver at the A2A or Milviz 310 level. I would even settle for a Beaver that was developed to the Just Flight MSFS Arrows' level. Oh, one can wish and hope :) 

I am also interested to see how the iniBuilds 310 and the Spruce Goose come out. And lastly, I am super excited for Meigs. As it is for many, that airport holds such a special place for me as regards flight simming. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Holy moley!  Is this sim or CGI?  I had to pick my jaw up off the floor, this is freaking amazing.

Definitely CGI Jack - welcome back!  ---- to MSFS  ----- and enjoy what we have had to use during your troubled absence

Now enjoy this 2nd birthday one - from the Aussies - and still CGI /cinematic

• Like 5

10 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Definitely CGI Jack - welcome back!  ---- to MSFS  ----- and enjoy what we have had to use during your troubled absence

Now enjoy this 2nd birthday one - from the Aussies - and still CGI /cinematic

Thanks and amazing stuff but isn’t that cheating using CGI?  If they are using CGI then I think it’s wrong to do so.

Well, everything MSFS produces on screen is computer generated imagery of some form since the sim is not playing a film or a video.    The CGI term is really meant to separate film and video images from computer generated imagery. If it helps, Jack, other than the audio track and a few text overlays, everything I saw in the trailer looked like real imagery from MSFS based on my 2 years of experience flying using MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks and amazing stuff but isn’t that cheating using CGI?  If they are using CGI then I think it’s wrong to do so.

35 minutes ago, stiletto2 said:

Well, everything MSFS produces on screen is computer generated imagery of some form since the sim is not playing a film or a video.    The CGI term is really meant to separate film and video images from computer generated imagery. If it helps, Jack, other than the audio track and a few text overlays, everything I saw in the trailer looked like real imagery from MSFS based on my 2 years of experience flying using MSFS.

Yes, just like stiletto said, Flighsims produce CGI, meaning it is not real world.

The way John put it, was a bit misleading.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, wolfko said:

Yes, just like stiletto said, Flighsims produce CGI, meaning it is not real world.

The way John put it, was a bit misleading.

Please Explain  --- where what I said - I quote - "Definitely CGI Jack "! - is misleading 

unless of course  -

8 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

you and Stilletto  are suggesting that Jack - and myself - doesn't

really understand what CGI is ?? and we need it explained:unsure:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Not sure what this means - just to clarify -  was the video  "real" film  - or was it a video of subjects - aircraft and scenery -

generated with use of GGI - as I suggested to Jack:rolleyes:

• Like 1