Departing EGLC for Newcastle

Jack Sawyer

38 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Some high crosswinds on takeoff there Jack? :) Some good looking images as you hit the skies for Newcastle!

Not really, I was just busy switching cameras and not concentrating on following runway heading.  Thanks Landon.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images in very clear skies.

I like the Westjet colours too.:)

Keep to the rules and no tricks with your flying for if you look to the bottom left in your last image, there is Belmarsh Prison.:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Thanks Martyn. It's amazing in this sim, no slideshow over London!  I don't think I'd be happy in Belmarsh prison, no sir.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent shots Jack :). You will like Newcastle. it's a nice airport.

Thanks Paul, made an ok landing there, had to hand land it after a go-around.  In this sim the ILS in APPR mode doesn't seem to sync until almost at the threshold, not just PMDG, it's other planes too.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, made an ok landing there, had to hand land it after a go-around.  In this sim the ILS in APPR mode doesn't seem to sync until almost at the threshold, not just PMDG, it's other planes too.

To be honest Jack (and bear in mind that I have only been using the sim for a short time), whilst MSFS excels on the graphics front - ground detail, lighting etc, at the moment P3D and XP11 are more sophisticated in other ways.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, paulb said:

To be honest Jack (and bear in mind that I have only been using the sim for a short time), whilst MSFS excels on the graphics front - ground detail, lighting etc, at the moment P3D and XP11 are more sophisticated in other ways.

Very true, discovering this the hard way.  But I at least bought four in the sale today 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, paulb said:

I too went a bit mad in the Orbx sale today! 

yeah I been a bit sale crazy to.....bought 3 in the last couple of days plus Belfast when it came out...

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wayne, it must have been a sunny day that day or else the in-sim weather was wrong, dunno.

yeah most of the South is not seeing any cloud, supposed to change Monday with thunderstorms....our weather is most un-UK like for sure.....35 outside at the minute, 31 indoors......

• Like 3

@Jack Sawyer @paulb Since you two fellas are still getting used to MSFS, and you are noticing some differences, in regards ILS glideslops, approach modes etc, in MSFS, it really matters more if you approach and capture the glideslope from underneath. Best method is to be below the slope and fly straight in to intercept. Across most aircraft in MSFS, if you try to capture the glideslope from above, it is very hit and miss. Give that a shot next time you are executing an IFR approach and see it it makes a difference for you. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

@Jack Sawyer @paulb Since you two fellas are still getting used to MSFS, and you are noticing some differences, in regards ILS glideslops, approach modes etc, in MSFS, it really matters more if you approach and capture the glideslope from underneath. Best method is to be below the slope and fly straight in to intercept. Across most aircraft in MSFS, if you try to capture the glideslope from above, it is very hit and miss. Give that a shot next time you are executing an IFR approach and see it it makes a difference for you. :)

Yes, thanks Landon.  I think that's the actual procedure to capture below however when too low to capture I get nagged in the 737 with "Below Glideslope".  I'll continue to do touch and goes and see where the sweet spot is.  It seems to me, mind I may be wrong, but it seems to me you can get reception much further out in real life.

• Like 2