Mind the gap

VH-KDK

Approaching Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

IXs94T1.jpg

Passing over the Silver Jubilee Bridge and the Runcorn Railway Bridge that span the River Mersey at the Runcorn Gap between Runcorn and WIdnes.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Great stuff KDK you haven't lost 

your touch. This looks nothing like 

the Mersey river heading into Devonport.

We don't know big down hear.

But we do have 2 heads.:o

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, glad you like it.

I don't know if they have cleaned it up but you almost used to be able to walk across the Mersey as it was so polluted.:ph34r:

Plenty of good trout fishing in the Tasmanian Mersey, brown and rainbow but only blind mullet in the other Mersey.:o

Two heads means four eyes to see all the picturesque scenery you have down there.;)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

The bridge shows that you don´t even need a ferry cross that river.

Good to get some more geographical education from the former life of our southern Aussies, I love that!

Cheers Gerold. The bridge is so thrilling to see that us older types may need a Pacemaker.:unsure:

It is interesting to see the comparisons of the places down here named after the old country.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Wonderful image! What aircraft is that? At first, I thought a Connie due to the tail, but then I noticed the overhead wings. Nice looking bridge too! :)

Thanks Landon. I should have held a competition to see if anyone recognised this plane.

I know us older types would probably know and especially after a sad event in 1958.

Airspeed Ambassador - Wikipedia

Munich air disaster - Wikipedia

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Gerold. The bridge is so thrilling to see that us older types may need a Pacemaker.:unsure:

BTW, the bridge would be even more thrilling if one flew underneath it. Preferably with a yellow plane…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

BTW, the bridge would be even more thrilling if one flew underneath it. Preferably with a yellow plane…

That would be interesting, two bridges in one go.

Not sure if I have any yellow planes though!:unsure::o:lol:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shot Martyn :), seems to be the landclass region scenery isn't it? Nice model of the bridge as well.

Thanks Andreas. Yes it is the OLC scenery. There are plenty of excellent POIs around the country.:)