70 years today

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Nice John, I’m sure HM remembers your support, you’ll probably get a mention in her speech. I bet it seems like just yesterday!
Cheers

Graeme :)

I always call her Auntie Betty - and when she knows I was visiting London on my many Business visits - she always

stuck a flag on the roof to let me know she was home - because I always stayed just around the corner from Buck House.

• Haha 3

Thanks for the great memories from when I was a teenager glued to Movietone News at the flicks :D I did get to know members of our TPNG services contingent (where I then resided) to the Coronation when I became a member of their services in later years - they all were inspected by the Queen (not many in their unique contingent) and to a man were unfailing impressed by HM and Prince Philip - both of whom I had the privilege to meet in the 1960s and 1970s along with members of their family.  The Queen has worked incredibly hard for her country and the Commonwealth over the years and deserves all the respect and affection that she gets - SALVE REGINA!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just watching the relpay of HM Jubilee concert on commercial TV. Wow! That was some spectacle. Gotta hand it to the Brits, amazing in everything innit :) Enjoy your long weekend mates.

Cheers

Graeme

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1