Brisbane Riverfire Festival

boetie

43 minutes ago, boetie said:

Thank you Landon. It's always a thrill to see one in real life :) I would imagine you've been "freighted" in one?

Lol...you could say that Graeme....I have many a flight in the cargo/passenger hold of C-17's into and out of troublesome regions ;) Compared to C-130's and C-141's they are a luxury airliner. In terms of military transport, they are truly a next generation aircraft and extremely versatile and capable. 

Landon 

• Like 2

Absolute fantastic detail in these shots, Graeme. I am just about to repeat this flight in P3D, and we all know the details will be on another level.

But the fun won´t be less. I have seen that flight on Sep 28, 2019 (we were standing on a river bridge), and it was amazing!

PS: Did you also set the time to "evening" and check if there are fireworks? At least on the day given by me?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Absolute fantastic detail in these shots, Graeme. I am just about to repeat this flight in P3D, and we all know the details will be on another level.

But the fun won´t be less. I have seen that flight on Sep 28, 2019 (we were standing on a river bridge), and it was amazing!

PS: Did you also set the time to "evening" and check if there are fireworks? At least on the day given by me?

Perfect timing to be in Brisbane Gerold! I'll check an evening flight but I don't think there are any firework mods in MSFS.

Thanks for commenting mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice shots Graeme.

The C17 also broke the number of pax it could carry.

Over 800, unfortunately not in 1st class sadly.:huh:

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby. Was that the evacuation from the Taliban? It's an amazing work horse. Watched a few demos at the Avalon Airshow.

Just now, boetie said:

Thanks Gumby. Was that the evacuation from the Taliban? It's an amazing work horse. Watched a few demos at the Avalon Airshow.

It certainly was, but hey it did it's job and we are lucky to have them.;)

Have a great night.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boetie said:

Perfect timing to be in Brisbane Gerold!

And it was just by chance: We made the timing according to the free (mileage) flights I could book. And then the riverfire-fireworks were just great for our last evening down under.

• Like 1