The price indications for Essendon v2 confuse me...

Stillwater

Hi there,

on the announcement page https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/211278-essendon-fields-airport-ymen-v2-released-for-prepar3d-v4/?tab=comments#comment-1788980

it is claimed the price for YMENv2 would be $22.72 AUD, with "Previous owners of YMEN v1 are eligible for a 20% discount".

On the product page https://orbxdirect.com/product/ymenv2 the price is said to be regular $27.04 AUD, with a current price to be $ 21.63 AUD. And again "This product is discounted by 20% with the YMEN v2 Discount.".

Would you please clarify and align these informations?

6 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

$22.72 is the sale price excluding any applicable taxes. In your case there is 19% VAT being applied.

Do I understand correctly, that there is an additional 20 % discount granted for previous owners on the already a discounted sale price of 22.72? I thought discounts can't be accumulated?

8 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

$22.72 is the sale price excluding any applicable taxes. In your case there is 19% VAT being applied.

Hi Ed, my math lessons are still going on.

27.04 * 0,80 = 21.63. This would be a 20% discount on the highest communicated number.

The announcement and your information (22.72) are different to both numbers, so these can´t be 20%.

It might also be that 

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

there is an additional 20 % discount granted for previous owners on the already a discounted sale price of 22.72

Now that would make me happy.

Don´t get me wrong: I´ll buy YMEN regardless of those details (as you can guess from my signature). I just want to be sure the calculators work correctly and don´t need balancing later on.

Hello,

Orbx do not apply discounts to already discounted prices.

Orbx discounts are for the larger discount.

There is no further discount for previous ownership, just as in the event of a sale,

neither the senior nor the student discounts are applied to the already discounted price.

If the sale price is a discount that is less than that of a senior, a student or

someone who already owns the product for another simulator, in that case, the higher

discount is once again applied but once again, not two discounts.

If a product, already owned for another simulator, is bought outside a sale,

then the discount is 20%.

I think that covers all the possible combinations.

22,72 sale price plus 19% VAT equals 27.03.68, according to my calculator.

Rounded up, as it is more than 0.5, equals 27.04.

28 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Wow, not I got it. 22.72 plus 19% makes 27.04, minus 20% and we have 21.63. Math for professionals. And time for a glass of wine…

Excuse me, I am only a scientist.

Hopefully the wine is cheaper Gerold . B):lol:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Wow, not I got it. 22.72 plus 19% makes 27.04, minus 20% and we have 21.63. Math for professionals. And time for a glass of wine…

Excuse me, I am only a scientist.

When it all comes out in the wash - $21.63 is 1/2 the price of a packet of fags -and Essendon Airport - even for P3D - is much healthier  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

When it all comes out in the wash - $21.63 is 1/2 the price of a packet of fags -and Essendon Airport - even for P3D - is much healthier  :rolleyes:

Had to Google that one John , cigarettes ……….got it . :blink::D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I will try to argue this with my health insurance. Maybe they pay for flight simming in the near future.

That said, I recognize simming is another way to reduce physical contacts, and that is the way to go, currently...

• Upvote 1