Various Bonanza shots

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

I for one , am glad you are posting shots on the forum Jack ; right now on the forum we have a very few posting shots anymore , that makes me sad . :(:(

I think I know the reason but am loathe to say.  The world has moved on John.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Some great shots here Jack, and good to see you posting some again :) Your presence has been missed, but I think you are aware of that already.

Cheers!

Landon

Thanks Landon.  I feel humbled by the reception, the people here are some of the nicest I've ever met.

• Like 2

Nice to see you back again ,  Jack.:)

You've been missed by all of us.

I think you know this, but if you don't , you don't have to  post "screenies" if you don't want to.

We all enjoy your comments, stories about your hobbies and activities , and character comics when you get a chance.

Your presence, interest and commentary  is more than enough :D

You've earned the right to be our official "Orbx ambassador" and to exercise that honor in whatever manner

strikes your fancy.

Take care and good luck with your recovery and your next surgery.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, renault said:

Nice to see you back again ,  Jack.:)

You've been missed by all of us.

I think you know this, but if you don't , you don't have to  post "screenies" if you don't want to.

We all enjoy your comments, stories about your hobbies and activities , and character comics when you get a chance.

Your presence, interest and commentary  is more than enough :D

You've earned the right to be our official "Orbx ambassador" and to exercise that honor in whatever manner

strikes your fancy.

Take care and good luck with your recovery and your next surgery.

Cheers

Pete

Gosh Pete, that's humbling.  I don't know what to say, I appreciate your kind words.

I see the doc for the left eye on Tuesday and set up a surgery date then I reckon.

I was wondering if I can post some of my woodworking photos in the lounge area?  

Would that be over the top?

Cheers, Jack

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gosh Pete, that's humbling.  I don't know what to say, I appreciate your kind words.

I see the doc for the left eye on Tuesday and set up a surgery date then I reckon.

I was wondering if I can post some of my woodworking photos in the lounge area?  

Would that be over the top?

Cheers, Jack

Personally, I think that would be absolutely wonderful :)

And I think we would all enjoy it.:D

I remember a while ago , you posted one of a " hot air balloon" I think it was that you had made.  Only one word - outstanding !! 

I've copied Iain, as he might have a few suggestions  @Iain Emms

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

Just now, renault said:

Personally, I think that would be absolutely wonderful :)

And I think we would all enjoy it.:D

I remember a while ago , you posted one of a " hot air balloon" I think it was that you had made.  Only one word - outstanding !! 

I've copied Iain, as he might have a few suggestions  @Iain Emms

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete.  I'll wait on Iain.  Yes, it was a hot air balloon, since then I've made dozens and given most away as gifts.  I've been turning pens on the lathe, bowls, candlesticks, chess pieces, and all kinds of other stuff.  Making tables, fully articulated construction toys, shop jigs, porch swings, wooden tools, you name it.  And I just discovered a lumber yard that sells the most exquisite and exotic woods.  Woods I've been wanting to use since I was a teenager.  

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Pete.  I'll wait on Iain.  Yes, it was a hot air balloon, since then I've made dozens and given most away as gifts.  I've been turning pens on the lathe, bowls, candlesticks, chess pieces, and all kinds of other stuff.  Making tables, fully articulated construction toys, shop jigs, porch swings, wooden tools, you name it.  And I just discovered a lumber yard that sells the most exquisite and exotic woods.  Woods I've been wanting to use since I was a teenager.  

My brother-in-law is into woodworking. He has a "collection" of pieces of wood, ready for projects .  He has collected them over his travels in North America

for the past 40 yrs or so.  

It is really rare to find a lumberyard that actually stocks hard to get woods.  I certainly hope your cc is in good working order.  Even for a small piece its an absolute

fortune!

I really admire someone who has the skills and imagination to do this sort of task.  My great grandfather and my grandfather were both master carpenters - actually great gf was a cabinet maker in the old country.  Just goes to show that you can't pass this skill on to your kids and grandkids.  I'm totally useless when it comes to woodworking.

Actually more that useless - Dangerous is a word that my shop teacher used before I was banned from woodworking in grade 10 :D

He just didn't see the scientific curiosity  behind my dropping a chunk of 2x4 onto a spinning table saw just to see how far it would go.

About 30 ft and right through a very large and expensive window. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

1 minute ago, renault said:

My brother-in-law is into woodworking. He has a "collection" of pieces of wood, ready for projects .  He has collected them over his travels in North America

for the past 40 yrs or so.  

It is really rare to find a lumberyard that actually stocks hard to get woods.  I certainly hope your cc is in good working order.  Even for a small piece its an absolute

fortune!

I really admire someone who has the skills and imagination to do this sort of task.  My great grandfather and my grandfather were both master carpenters - actually great gf was a cabinet maker in the old country.  Just goes to show that you can't pass this skill on to your kids and grandkids.  I'm totally useless when it comes to woodworking.

Actually more that useless - Dangerous is a word that my shop teacher used before I was banned from woodworking in grade 10 :D

He just didn't see the scientific curiosity  behind my dropping a chunk of 2x4 onto a spinning table saw just to see how far it would go.

About 30 ft and right through a very large and expensive window. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

Yikes!  That will do it, good heavens, it's fortunate no one got hurt Pete!

I think know what you mean, I have a feeling and could be wrong but I think people either innately know how to use tools or they don't.  When I was a kid I was forever taking things apart and putting them back together with improvements.  :) 

Mind though that I know ZERO, ZIP, NADA, about finance, medical stuff, insurance, and a lot more.  I do however love to study physics, astrophysics, and especially quantum physics as a hobby.  But the white collar work, no clue.  My wife is a whiz at insurance, I look at the forms and it zooms right over my head, but to her it's a second language.

Very nice shots Jack.

Your a man of many talents with plenty

to occupy your mind, which is a healthy

thing to do. We have some nice Huon pine down here

which has that beautiful smell to it. We are well known 

for our forests and plantations down here. Fly down make a boat paint it yellow

and sail back. 

Bob's your Uncle.:)

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

Very nice shots Jack.

Your a man of many talents with plenty

to occupy your mind, which is a healthy

thing to do. We have some nice Huon pine down here

which has that beautiful smell to it. We are well known 

for our forests and plantations down here. Fly down make a boat paint it yellow

and sail back. 

Bob's your Uncle.:)

cheers

Gumby

Thank you Gumby, very kind words.

I’d love to work some of that pine, it’s great for carving.  And the smell is terrific, it’s the shop equivalent of baking bread :)