Howard

boetie

While we're on the "anyone heard from" subject. Howard (Rockcliffe) was a regular contributor and one of the original forum members. He is a very talented drone photographer in the UK and shared some of his work here. Where are you mate?

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gumbypickett said:

Also Jarrard Marshell.

Where are you guys?

I hope all is well.???

cheers

Gumby

Gumby, i did read on the forum a month or two ago that Jarrad was taking a break from Orbx for a while :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, gumbypickett said:

Oh good on you Graeme.

I'll get back to watching the washed out BBWL down here.:(:D,

cheers

Gumby

Was looking forward to it. Now watching the Matidas v Brazil. Good game so far!

21 minutes ago, boetie said:

I hope 

22 minutes ago, boetie said:

I think everything is a wash out at the moment around Oz..

If there's a wager on it I hope you win.

Just keep the worst of the weather up there.:D

cheers

Gumby

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 2:58 AM, boetie said:

While we're on the "anyone heard from" subject. Howard (Rockcliffe) was a regular contributor and one of the original forum members. He is a very talented drone photographer in the UK and shared some of his work here. Where are you mate?

Cheers

@rockliffe

Hi Graeme

Howard is doing absolutely fine.  I was communicating with him this AM 

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:58 AM, boetie said:

Cheers

Hi Graeme, still here, just! You are right, I have been a little inactive of late. The reason being is I decided to throw myself wholeheartedly into MSFS and literally delete P3d and DCS from my drives! I know, a rather drastic measure, but I wanted to solely concentrate on MSFS, I hope that makes sense. I also spent a shed load of hard earned cash, and I mean hard earned cash, on a new PC. Once I had tasted MSFS I could only see that as the future. However, I soon got very disillusioned with it, what with the constant bugs and poor performance, but hey, since SU6 I have found a new interest in the sim :D It really does give me virtually everything I have wanted from a sim. I know there are many who will scoff and say it's not a proper sim and then go on to compare it with P3d and XP. But hey, I can see, like many others the full potential. It's still early days, but things are moving along quickly as you know Graeme. When things keep getting in the way of you really enjoying something, I find it's often easier to walk away from things, which for the past 12 months is effectively what I did. The pandemic kind of screwed with me too, like others, I'm sure. So even before MSFS, my interest was somewhat waning. But alas, I have now seen the light! :D I am finding a new interest in simming, so I hope to see more of you around the forum ;) 

Edited by rockliffe
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, rockliffe said:

Hi Graeme, still here, just! You are right, I have been a little inactive of late. The reason being is I decided to throw myself wholeheartedly into MSFS and literally delete P3d and DCS from my drives! I know, a rather drastic measure, but I wanted to solely concentrate on MSFS, I hope that makes sense. I also spent a shed load of hard earned cash, and I mean hard earned cash, on a new PC. Once I had tasted MSFS I could only see that as the future. However, I soon got very disillusioned with it, what with the constant bugs and poor performance, but hey, since SU6 I have found a new interest in the sim :D It really does give me virtually everything I have wanted from a sim. I know there are many who will scoff and say it's not a proper sim and then go on to compare it with P3d and XP. But hey, I can see, like many others the full potential. It's still early days, but things are moving along quickly as you know Graeme. When things keep getting in the way of you really enjoying something, I find it's often easier to walk away from things, which for the past 12 months is effectively what I did. The pandemic kind of screwed with me too, like others, I'm sure. So even before MSFS, my interest was somewhat waning. But alas, I have now seen the light! :D I am finding a new interest in simming, so I hope to see more of you around the forum ;) 

Great to hear from you Howard. I too have concentrated on MSFS and thus far it has been behaving 99% of the time.  My only quibble is the time (or lack of) I actually get to enjoy the sim, life prevents my opportunties somewhat. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Thank you for dropping by mate!

Cheers

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rockliffe said:

The only problem I see with most airports is that most of them don't own a lawnmower of some type. Some of the ultra-lights and small aircraft almost disappear if parked on the grassed area.

• Haha 3