Into Juneau, or better not

bernd1151

I was doing with a friend a leisure flight around Shelter Island, northwest of Juneau…

pqzsbxR.jpg

…when we spotted this. Wow, she is huge

aH1P3U5.jpg

That must be the Tirpitz

k0Iox5x.jpg

I’ll ask the captain to bring me back to Juneau airport. Let’s see how close we can get to it

nL8b1QW.jpg

Ex8g7Dq.jpg

If nothing works out, I can hopefully use their on-board Arado plane

475CVlX.jpg

OU2Y1Y1.jpg

BqC6Gsu.jpg

TvR90ND.jpg

It's going to be tight. But I can see already the red roofs of some of the airport hangars

YwXpLlO.jpg

I just love, what we can do now in MSFS

ocOYfms.jpg

Ok, that’s as far as we can get without running the ship aground

uA0yJ9Q.jpg

Let’s back up and turn her around slowly and head south instead for the port of Juneau

1NlHoXh.jpg

vuGHWkR.jpg

• Like 9

Wow, the Tirpitz in Alaska...it's like that movie (the name is escaping me) where a modern day US Aircraft Carrier goes back in time to when the attack on Pearl Harbor is about to happen. Lots of cool screenshots here and interesting theme :)  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Many thanks Landon. That movie, you are referring to is "The final countdown", starring Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen and using the USS Nimitz. It's fantastic!

Yep, that's it exactly...seen it many times, but I just could not come up with the name...lol :) 

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Amazing how for the Tirpitz comes in msfs. Honestly I would already love to see her cruising along Norway!

Hahaha, thanks, Gerold. I did that, looks really great, especially in winter in rough weather. But I can't show those pictures here, there is no Orbx Norway mesh (yet)

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, Sniper31 said:

Wow, the Tirpitz in Alaska...it's like that movie (the name is escaping me) where a modern day US Aircraft Carrier goes back in time to when the attack on Pearl Harbor is about to happen. Lots of cool screenshots here and interesting theme :)  

The Final Countdown is the movie Landon. :)