Ybbn v2 nearly unusable

Since the release of YBBN V2 for me it's been just about unusable, a complete stutter fest, I had much better experience and performance from V1, just about everything is turned off in the V2 control panel, could there be some files left over from V1 or something? I uninstalled V1 and installed V2 through Orbx Central, V1 is still showing but it's greyed out so I assume that's ok, any advice would be great.

• Upvote 1

Hi Nick,

Well their not that modest at all, being a laptop, MSI GT72 2QD Dominator, 5700HQ, 3.8 GHZ, 32GIG RAM, GTX970M, I can run everything else quite well at once, P3dv4.5 HF3, all Flightbeam, FSDT, all Orbx Global, plus many Orbx scenery,  PMDG, QW787, FSLABS, GSX ASP3D, the list goes on & on, all at a consistent 30fps, but YBBN V2 is a stutter festival, it just makes me think there just isn't something right.

I've found YBBN v2 is very demanding on system resources, my 8 GB 1070Ti normally sits at ~5 GB, YBBN takes it to almost the full 8 GB and 100% use (and my GPU is clocked to 2 GHz).

That said I can do 30 fps around the AP provided I detune settings to free up the GPU resources, otherwise the GPU maxs out with a subsequent frame rate drop and is thus stuttery.

I would imagine a 3080Ti would handle it Ok though.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Quantum Amiga said:

I've found YBBN v2 is very demanding on system resources, my 8 GB 1070Ti normally sits at ~5 GB, YBBN takes it to almost the full 8 GB and 100% use (and my GPU is clocked to 2 GHz).

That said I can do 30 fps around the AP provided I detune settings to free up the GPU resources, otherwise the GPU maxs out with a subsequent frame rate drop and is thus stuttery.

I would imagine a 3080Ti would handle it Ok though.

Cheers

It's because they put PBR on basically every surface which kills fps in v4. I do think they went a bit overboard but on v5 it would be better. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I didn't test YBBNV2 and Brisbane Landmarks together in P3DV4 because basically V5 is so superior that I never bother with V4 now.  However I did just go and fire up V4 and I agree the scenery has a lot of stutters and pauses in V4.

All I can say is complex sceneries such as cityscapes and airports together are becoming so detailed that expecting the old FSX tech dressed up as P3DV4 just isn't cutting the mustard any more.

And it will only continue to advance in this direction!  Maybe invest in V5 and use it for flights in the more demanding scenery areas?

• Upvote 2

I was welded to Version v4.5HF3 for a long time due to how good it ran with most of the Orbx packages.

I finally bit the bullet and jumped to Version 5.2 then HF1. As John says, it is well worth the investment. Things are a lot smoother.

Aussie