Back to The Beginning

I recently came across my old FSX discs, [all 2 of them!], & loaded them back onto a PC.

The shots below are FSX, Orbx Libraries & Vernonia Municipal, nothing else.

Hence they are rough around the edges, being devoid of the Orbx layers that enhance FSX.

TTM (FSX)

Vernonia has always had a rustic charm & some great flowers:)

fx-1.jpg

I was surprised that the mechanic working on the Cessna moved. Also, note the tarpaulin behind the Cessna's tail.

The words 'Bud Seager' appear, upside down. I wonder if that was an 'in' joke.

fx-2.jpg

Thank you Gentlemen.

FSX is bare bones at the moment & will probably stay that way as practically everything I have in FSX I have in P3D.

What was pleasing is that Orbx Central picked up the reloaded FSX straight away & I used it to update the Orbx Libraries & install Vernonia.

With its utility, Central is essential & IMHO, the cornerstone of the Orbx system.

TTM

They look really good! Although FSX wasn’t perfect, the amount of tweaking I was always attempting taught me a fair bit about the machinations of how a sim runs.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Great images from where it all really took off for me.

Years ago I had seen this Australian scenery mentioned but as I was still running FS9 it was a no go. A few weeks later the wife and I were at the RAA flyin at Narromine and she came back from a tent with a book on home builds and also a copy of FSX deluxe. The rest is history and I still have FSX with AU1 and OZx on a HDD. There are also some of those FSX only planes by A2A

Archived