Axonos YPPH Perth

cyberpilot

I have just bought Axonos's wonderful scenery of YPPH for XP11 and have to say it is extremely well done.

Perth has long been neglected in the flightsim world and it's great to have something of this quality.

What puzzles me though is why there appear to have been no preview or release announcements about it, or maybe I've missed something?

I came across it purely by chance on Orbx Central and immediately grabbed it.

Can someone enlighten me as to why it appears to have slipped under the radar?

On 3/27/2021 at 3:22 AM, cyberpilot said:

I have just bought Axonos's wonderful scenery of YPPH for XP11 and have to say it is extremely well done.

Perth has long been neglected in the flightsim world and it's great to have something of this quality.

What puzzles me though is why there appear to have been no preview or release announcements about it, or maybe I've missed something?

I came across it purely by chance on Orbx Central and immediately grabbed it.

Can someone enlighten me as to why it appears to have slipped under the radar?

Hi,

YPPH Perth was released about 6 months ago :huh:, after partnering up with Orbx we will be moving all our products to Orbx central/direct soon. Thanks for the support. 

17 hours ago, Axonos said:

Hi,

YPPH Perth was released about 6 months ago :huh:, after partnering up with Orbx we will be moving all our products to Orbx central/direct soon. Thanks for the support. 

Good to hear from Axonos but no mention of a P3d version of Perth as a companion to the XP11 version? Is it in the pipeline? 

3 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Good to hear from Axonos but no mention of a P3d version of Perth as a companion to the XP11 version? Is it in the pipeline? 

P3d version will be covered by Orbx. MFS2020 version is in our pipeline.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:23 PM, ReinFlight said:

Good to know that YPPH will be covered by Orbx. Didn't know that. 

A P3d version of KMEM would also be very nice to have :)

We are mainly a MFS2020 and X-Plane 11 developer. We will look into P3D in the future if our products are successful :) 

9 hours ago, Ticker7 said:

It looks okay ish but it's not been tested with Orbx scenery so I'd prefer to wait for YPPH from Orbx when they eventually get round to doing/finishing it for P3d v5 or 6 ?

Works with AUSv2 ‘ish’ just have to remove the bgl which is for the horrid ortho around the airport. Hopefully Orbx will release YPPH but I reckon YMMLv4 should be a higher priority. Especially with YMENv2 coming around YMMLv3 is looking especially old and clunky. Numerous errors include the wrong colour of the old tiger wing of T3, no dynamic lighting, old window textures day and night, no sode and missing the new taxi ways. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, Ryan1990 said:

Any idea when it's releasing for MSFS?

On the Axonos Facebook page, they expect to have a release date in the next couple of weeks for YPPH (i.e. late April / early May)

My money is ready for its day 1 release...   B)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:19 AM, Ryan1990 said:

Any idea when it's releasing for MSFS?

For the record, they mentioned on their discord that this one won't release on Orbx (or at least, they have no plans for it for now).

2 hours ago, Abriael said:

For the record, they mentioned on their discord that this one won't release on Orbx (or at least, they have no plans for it for now).

That’s interesting and kinda disappointing, I don’t want to use the marketplace or sim market and don’t like buying from many websites, that’s why central and contrail are great, hopefully they will bring it to Orbx eventually.

19 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

That’s interesting and kinda disappointing, I don’t want to use the marketplace or sim market and don’t like buying from many websites, that’s why central and contrail are great, hopefully they will bring it to Orbx eventually.

Yeah, just checked on Axonos Facebook website and it is available now for MSFS, but not through Orbx. A most unusual commercial relationship.

Looks like with this airport we'll have to use the Marketplace instead. Still deciding on this myself, now.

But maybe this will give Jarred the opportunity to do Perth right. I wasn't 100% happy with Axonos' version of YPPH Perth (as far as could be determined from the photos) but it still looks better than the default.

From their Facebook page:

31 minutes ago, Lance Arnold said:

Yeah, just checked on Axonos Facebook website and it is available now for MSFS, but not through Orbx. A most unusual commercial relationship.

Looks like with this airport we'll have to use the Marketplace instead. Still deciding on this myself, now.

But maybe this will give Jarred the opportunity to do Perth right. I wasn't 100% happy with Axonos' version of YPPH Perth (as far as could be determined from the photos) but it still looks better than the default.

From their Facebook page:

Thanks, I'll hold off, there's not a lot of point in Perth for me until we have the 789 for EGLL or the 737 for QFA flights

Archived