I finally did it .... !!!!

renault

I have been having a devil of a time trying to get the Airbus Neo A320 in MS2020 to keep flying after T/O

Basically as it levelled off , I would always hear 3 chimes and it would go into an unrecoverable dive, with "retard playing in my ears as I came close to the ground"

It all become a lot clearer to me a while ago, when I checked on the Flybywire website and discovered a hot fix for the unrecoverable dive when the flaps are left in the takeoff flap 1 position.:rolleyes:

Well who knew ?? Not moi, I'm an armchair pilot :( , but I sure as heck never checked that :o

So a quick delete and reinstall of the mod and then I had a magic moment ...

Luckily I had my "V" key finger at the ready . And it was happy dance time all around.

No more A320 submarine , naval exercises !!

Ready to go - I triple checked everything Jack @Jack Sawyer

Zhcbt2f.jpg

UFTRWd6.jpg

I'm too nervous to smile at you , but I do have my toes crossed!!

WgpSLZz.jpg

And at this point , I hear the dreaded 3 chimes....

NQLtOba.png

But all I can think of and can see is....

O3okSPt.jpg

But somehow, in spite of it all  I managed to find the flaps lever and pushed it back to 0 (I watched a youtube video expert who was very self assured even

though he was only 16 :rolleyes: )

cxCNOqJ.png

And wonder of wonders .... I leveled off and I'm still flying :)

And here I am , everything looks like I knew what I was doing (I didn't ....)

uRB1myH.png

So I had my happy dance, but its much too much excitement for someone at my age .

And with that, I think that I will go back to my luts and ray tracing and stuff for a while, but I'll be back !!!

Cheers

Pete

Looks good Pete.  I don't know how "study level" this plane is in 2020 but when the FMS is properly set up with your V speeds it will tell you on-sceeen when to bring up the flaps.  No wonder you got the "retard" aural warning, the plane thought it was in landing mode. :)

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Good one Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

I'm just a classic armchair pilot .

This was a particular challenge for me , just to see if I could somehow manage it.

I think the term "manage it " has to be applied very loosely :rolleyes: 

Cheers

Pete

7 hours ago, mikee said:

Very nice Pete :)

Thanks Mike:)

Cheers

Pete

6 hours ago, Taph said:

Nice shots, even if one of them as a sully

Thanks Taph:)

It floats, maybe if the engine starts again it could be a boating experience !

Cheers

Pete 

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks good Pete.  I don't know how "study level" this plane is in 2020 but when the FMS is properly set up with your V speeds it will tell you on-sceeen when to bring up the flaps.  No wonder you got the "retard" aural warning, the plane thought it was in landing mode. :)

Thanks Jack:)

I'm sure you're completely correct. It must have been something like that 

Cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Glad you got if figured out Pete!!!!!

"Figured out" may be a bit extreme, but I didn't crash this time which was my challenge :)

Cheers John!

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Well

Pete, personally I think having the aircraft system calling you a retard is a bit much. Anyone can make a mistake and that seems a little impolite <grin>

Hi Andy

Ha, Ha!

I actually began to think that was it as well, so I googled it :rolleyes:.

Apparently the real thing , also has the voice with the French accent, which seems to be a point of debate amongst

many posters.  I don't understand why, as being Airbus it seemed perfectly appropriate to me. 

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots Pete! Even the submarine looked good.

Thanks Gerold :)

Cheers

Pete

Archived