Down to the west coast

Stillwater

This is my first travel report after months of stay-at-home, even virtual. In this case mainly caused by renovation work and the related honeydo stuff. But my P3D is still working, nearly unchanged and free of unwanted updates!

After trekking along the Abel Tasman NP it is time to leave Motueka, ...

5pWF5vf.jpg

... travel through the hinterland of Nelson, ...

zqZ2EUC.jpg

... and work down into the west coast mountains of NZSI.

8nOnsDe.jpg

Driving along Kawatiri highway would be much easier than flying in this conditions.

PCCsWd3.jpg

But we come clear pass Mt. Lyell.

Gzq4HUF.jpg

Descending towards New Creek, ...

49ijhrH.jpg

... and following State Hwy 69 to Cronadun ...

Q7WvfwZ.jpg

... and Reefton.

8wNRtRR.jpg

Following Grey River we reach the settlements at Greymouth.

Q5VVzGF.jpg

From there it is just a short descend into Hokitika.

s1Fhtj7.jpg

Coming in by a fast transport we are too early for the Glowworms. So Hokitika Gorge is the trip to plan now ...

9AqBGw1.jpg

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you for your comment, Iain!

4 hours ago, BradB said:

I am glad you are back up and flying Gerold , hopefully in 2021 you can get back up in the air in RL .

Cheers

John

Thanks John. I have done quite a number of flights the last days, full with pleasure. I hope I can get enough motivation to keep up with the MSFS-eye candy...

22 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

Welcome back my friend - your usual top class screenies combined with one of my favourite aeroplanes have given me a great start to this day:)

Thanks a lot TT. Your comment makes a good end point for my day here!

Great to have you back in full flight gear Gerold. Wonderful shots indeed. Hopefully 2021 will be close to normal again. And I believe it will be. Hopefully most people will get the flu shots. Stay safe and enjoy life as much as one can. Frohe Weihnacht to you and yours. k:)

13 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots there Gerold, I for one can't wait to see the back of this year, I thought 2019 caused me enough grief but this year........well!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Wayne. Indeed, 2020 has not been a year that went as foreseen, not for anybody I suppose. At least we are still here to report!

8 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Glad you are back Gerold and with some great pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you John. Getting back into normal virtual flight mode gets me a lot of pleasure!

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great to have you back in full flight gear Gerold. Wonderful shots indeed. Hopefully 2021 will be close to normal again. And I believe it will be. Hopefully most people will get the flu shots. Stay safe and enjoy life as much as one can. Frohe Weihnacht to you and yours. k:)

Thanks a lot Karl for watching & commenting. We need to get back into the normal reporting about the Mule Team experiences and, eventually, my virtual excursions. Getting the mentioned shots will sure take a while, and we will gain lots of experiences on this. I keep my fingers crossed all works as hoped. We can hardly reduce our contacts further (since months...), but we try to stay safe and keep our beloved ones safe as well. Which will be more difficult over the Christmas days.

See ya here!

Archived