Strange - MSFS wants me to download World Update USA 1.11.6.0 a second time

I made a rather strange experience today. When I fired up MSFS tonight the sim started searching for updates as usual, stopped and then asked me to download World Update II (USA) 1.11.6.0, although I actually have this already installed.

Since there was no option (as always) to continue without downloading I then exited MSFS. I worry that I will create a mess when I hit the install button to start an installation of something whic is already installed.

Did anybody else have the same issue?  

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

I think you will find its a minor update they mislabeled.

I d/l'd it ok. It's not large.

Have a look at Avsim for a thread on it.

Didn't fix M20R.

TTM

Thank you for your advice TTM. I downloaded the update and all is good now.

Yes there was an update.  Mine was around 1GB.  According to Microsoft it was just a minor update to update the nav data and AIRACs.  As stated above it was probably mislabelled.  My update went smoothly, however I read a lot of posts in the MSFS forums saying that after the 1GB update they needed to redo a 26GB update.  This was just some people's experience.

1 hour ago, Bassman said:

Yes the updates are consistent with their inconsistencies of experiences with various users.

Are those inconsistencies not due to all those mods people are installing. I recall I've read something about that.

I don't have MSFS but read a lot about it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello,

I read yesterday that some customers are finding that their downloads are for the entire simulator,

when they should be just an update, such as this one.

The response was that this can be triggered by interfering with the Official folder.

This may well be the case, it is something that is not necessary and done at the users own risk.

Secondly, there was no mystery associated with the recent update, except that it was not explained.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Secondly there was no mystery associated with the recent update, except that it was not explained.

Actually it was wrongly explained. At my end it said it will install World Update II 1.11.6.0. A detailed list what will be updated was included. And these were exactly the same things which had already been updated 10 days ago.

Does anybody know, what really has been updated yesterday

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

Actually it was wrongly explained. At my end it said it will install World Update II 1.11.6.0. A detailed list what will be updated was included. And these were exactly the same things which had already been updated 10 days ago.

Does anybody know, what really has been updated yesterday

Hi Wolfgang, NavData was updated to cycle 2013... That is the only change. See: Small update - Navdata - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Archived