MSFS v1.11.6.0 LOWI update and Orbx's addon

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

for the record, following this latest update, I find the severe bumps on the Orbx runway,

previously reported by customers but not experienced by me.

Removing the Asobo version in the Content Manager solves the problem, as before.

What kind of magical version are you using if you dont have bumps with default installed but others (like me) do? That's kinda weird.

BTW, LOWI has some flickering in lightposts.

8 hours ago, Cygnific said:

What kind of magical version are you using if you dont have bumps with default installed but others (like me) do? That's kinda weird.

BTW, LOWI has some flickering in lightposts.

Nick said he did have bumps on the Orbx version after this latest update. Removing the Asobo version sorted that issue out. No magical version

@wolfko I doubt it being anything to do with the Game Pass version. Since I physically removed/deleted the Asobo version of LOWI a couple of months ago we have had a couple of MSFS patch type updates and now a World update. Neither time have I had any bumps at Orbx LOWI. When i go to my Content Manager I have always seen an option to download an Asobo LOWI update. It has always been an "option" and it never installed the Asobo LOWI update by default. 

My version is the MIcrosoft Store Premium de Luxe version.

The only reference to LOWI in my "Official" folder is the Asobo-landingchallenge-lowi-insbruck file.

Here is my Orbx LOWI runway shot after this update and World update with no actions regarding deleting anything. Just have the natural undulations of the runway.

A mystery. This sim seems to have a mind of it's own. Some people cannot install an update without having to completely reinstall the sim, others see anomalies all over the place, others seem to have Graphics settings adjusted etc. I have not had a single issue until this last update which introduced a totally new and unnecessary Keyboard profile which made me have to reset some of my keyboard bindings. I guess I am lucky and fortunate.

LOWI.thumb.JPG.ddcf99c8b01357e4669a9d0fd6ce0f8f.JPG

Hello,

I must say that my experience reflects Jon's.

Before the latest update, I did not see the bump with both active and now I do.

I also found four of my keyboard bindings missing but realised what they had done and restored them to my preference.

I once lost access to the simulator altogether and occasionally, its "Live Tile" goes black and an exclamation mark in a

circle appears. Odd though that is, the simulator continues to work.

Overall, it has worked very well.

Hello,

I just tried LOWI in the latest MSFS update and the bump was there for the first time for me as well. It was most apparent when landing on runway 8 in the Cirrus; sort of like a hidden hole/drop in the surface during the rollout. Anyway, I just deleted the Asobo version as Nick suggested and all well again.

I wonder is other Asobo airport scenery conflicts may show up with the latest MSFS update. I will now test my Flightbeam KDEN to test this out; they had been coexisting well thus far.

Todd

P.S. Just tested Flightbeam KDEN and it appears unaffected by the new update.

Just a reminder that the latest update also included the Elevation Data update to 1m so I anticipate that the higher res mesh data may have an impact on some addons, not necessarily Orbx. I am unsure if it was a worldwide DEM update or just part of the USA World update. I haven't checked.

13 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@wolfko I doubt it being anything to do with the Game Pass version. Since I physically removed/deleted the Asobo version of LOWI a couple of months ago we have had a couple of MSFS patch type updates and now a World update. Neither time have I had any bumps at Orbx LOWI. When i go to my Content Manager I have always seen an option to download an Asobo LOWI update. It has always been an "option" and it never installed the Asobo LOWI update by default. 

The only reference to LOWI in my "Official" folder is the Asobo-landingchallenge-lowi-insbruck file.

Here is my Orbx LOWI runway shot after this update and World update with no actions regarding deleting anything. Just have the natural undulations of the runway.

A mystery. This sim seems to have a mind of it's own. Some people cannot install an update without having to completely reinstall the sim, others see anomalies all over the place, others seem to have Graphics settings adjusted etc. I have not had a single issue until this last update which introduced a totally new and unnecessary Keyboard profile which made me have to reset some of my keyboard bindings. I guess I am lucky and fortunate.

Thanks @Jon Clarke, very interesting post

I do not even have ever removed the Asobo version of LOWI, but never ever had any runway problems with Orbx' LOWI.

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I must say that my experience reflects Jon's.

Before the latest update, I did not see the bump with both active and now I do.

I also found four of my keyboard bindings missing but realised what they had done and restored them to my preference.

I once lost access to the simulator altogether and occasionally, its "Live Tile" goes black and an exclamation mark in a

circle appears. Odd though that is, the simulator continues to work.

Overall, it has worked very well.

After the last update I too had the keyboard arrow issue. And I have been warned 3 times today by "Connection Lost" only to be informed that the reconnection has been established again a few seconds later. This is an issue I only had twice since Aug 18th. But of course it could be that 'only' my internet provider has issues today. Overall I'm happy too.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:02 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Nick said he did have bumps on the Orbx version after this latest update. Removing the Asobo version sorted that issue out. No magical version

Ah okay... Thought he didn't because of "but not experienced by me".  

Sort of related, and feel free to ignore/chastise me, but do any of you folk @Nick Cooper, @Jon Clarke, @Jarrad Marshall have any useful information (or can point me to any) about scenery priority and or the use of the "content.xml" file?

I've been asking around on avsim and the fs forum but can't seem to find any genuine information. I've done some experimentation and gotten some info about some aspects but nothing really solid. I know this is not specifically Orbx related but I also know that folks here tend to have a good grasp on stuff, but like I say, feel free to ignore this if need be.

Can't really help in that Andy as it is a mystery to me as well. If we look at the xml file it seems to have no logic either alphabetically or by type, e.g Airports/Scenery etc.

There doesn't appear to be a layering structure like a scenery.cfg in P3D or a Scenery_packs.ini in X-Plane.

All I do know is that if you delete the xml it will make a new one at start up of MSFS.

Probably best to ask at the MSFS forums:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com

10 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Can't really help in that Andy as it is a mystery to me as well

Cheers Jon, and I suspect we're not the only ones. I haven't seen anything definitive anywhere yet, but I'll keep looking. If I get anywhere I'll post something up about it, either here or on avsim

LOWI is busted for me too since the last update, one of my favourite addon airports. Everything is covered in trees and grass, with large speedbumps on the runway and taxiways. I know its not you guys, but someone needs to give MS and Asobo a bit of a talking to, they dont seem to listen to their customers. Things go from bad to worse at every update.

In Xplane it was easy to fix problems like this, usually caused by scenery ordering issues. Oh dear.

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 12:23 AM, Jon Clarke said:

I just bought LOWI and I have the insane runway bump that literally bounced my CRJ off the runway and 2 sets of buildings...I keep seeing people say to remove the stock LOWI but that is not possible as the sim detects missing files upon boot and forces a redownload of it before the sim will get to the main menu.

19 minutes ago, sluflyer06 said:

I just bought LOWI and I have the insane runway bump that literally bounced my CRJ off the runway and 2 sets of buildings...I keep seeing people say to remove the stock LOWI but that is not possible as the sim detects missing files upon boot and forces a redownload of it before the sim will get to the main menu.

You have posted your own topic and have received an answer.

Archived