60th High School Reunion.....

W2DR

This year was my 60th high school reunion. One of my classmates passed this around hoping to make all of us who suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) feel just a little better.

Dick and Jane were attending their 60th High School Reunion. He was a widower and she a widow. They had known each other for a number of years being high school classmates and having attended class reunions in the past without fail.

This 60th anniversary of their class, the widower and the widow made up a foursome with two other singles. They had a wonderful evening, their spirits high. The widower throwing admiring glances across the table. The widow smiling coyly back at him. Finally, he picked up enough courage to ask her, "Will you marry me?" After about six seconds of careful consideration, she answered, "Yes,..... yes I will!" The evening ended on a happy note for the widower.

The next morning he was troubled. Did she say yes or did she say no. He couldn't remember. Try as he might, he just couldn't recall. He went over the conversation of the previous evening, but his mind was blank. He remembered asking the question but for the life of him could not recall her response. With fear and trepidation he picked up the phone and called her. First, he explained that he couldn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the past evening. As he gained a little more courage he then inquired of her, "When I asked if you would marry me, did you say yes or did you say no. "Why you silly man, I said Yes. Yes I will. And I meant it with all my heart." The widower was delighted. He felt his heart skip a beat.

Then she continued. "And I am so glad you called because I couldn't remember who asked me!"

53 minutes ago, adambar said:

Strictly a beer drinker and beer getter. :D  I was 6'2" and 220lbs in high school and there used to sent me into the beer joints to purchase the beer. :D  Class of '61.. :)

adambar, in 1961 as a graduating senior I was 6'2" and 165 pounds. I should have had you buy me some beer to fill me out. But not to worry, time has taken care of that.

My buddy always bought the beer in high school. We lived next to a very large military base and he somehow :) had acquired a military I.D. card that said he was 22 years old. Those were the days when many I.D. Cards didn't have a photograph so it worked every time. The thing that's most memorable, though, is the name on the card, I'll never forget it.....Burly Aloysius Doherty.

21 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

adambar, in 1961 as a graduating senior I was 6'2" and 165 pounds. I should have had you buy me some beer to fill me out. But not to worry, time has taken care of that.

Right, now I'm 5'8" and 240lbs. :lol:

I'm 5'11" and all through high school I weighed 192 lbs...and not an ounce of fat. Now, 60 years later, I still weigh 192 lbs. (thanks to my wife) but it's kind of gotten redistributed. Somehow my thighs have shrunk a bit and my biceps are just a shadow of their former size. My left calf has shrunken down and my cheeks are a little less full. I never had much of a butt so that hasn't changed. All-in-all I guess not too bad. Now all I have to do is find out why Levis decided to make the 34" wasteline so much smaller.

7 hours ago, W2DR said:

I still haven't encountered cheap whiskey :lol:.

My freshman year ('55) "Four Roses" deluxe - aged for months - was around $3 a pint, Johnny Cash was #1 in Fort Collins with "I walk the line" and I was a green card carrying 17 year old. 

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

My freshman year ('55) "Four Roses" deluxe - aged for months - was around $3 a pint, Johnny Cash was #1 in Fort Collins with "I walk the line" and I was a green card carrying 17 year old. 

When I was in the Navy my dept had a party at Ft. Story a short distance from the Navy Amphibious Base. To make a long story short, I drank so much whisky that I went missing and everyone was looking for me inside and out. When they finally found me I was sitting on the crapper in the women's restroom passed out. :D  Anyhoo, they threw me into someone's car and took me back to the base. When I woke up in the morning it wasn't a pretty sight, if you know what I mean. :(:D

35 minutes ago, adambar said:

When I was in the Navy my dept had a party at Ft. Story a short distance from the Navy Amphibious Base. To make a long story short, I drank so much whisky that I went missing and everyone was looking for me inside and out. When they inally found me I was sitting on the crapper in the women's restroom passed out. :D  Anyhoo, they threw me into someone's car and took me back to the base. When I woke up in the morning it wasn't a pretty sight, if you know what I mean. :(:D

I'm sad to say that your story brings back (partial) memories :D

Archived