A few around KSJC

andy1252

Really enjoying MSFS, for me it's by far the best thing out there now. Not been posting much here as a lot of my flying is in non-Orbx areas but here's a bunch around KSJC. Never been to the airport in RL, my trips out there were always via KSFO, but drove around the area a lot. Got fond but vague memories of a park/reserve area on the edge of the town somewhere, and one of these days I'll try and identify it and go see it with the drone cam, but in the meantime -

gPfpIoY.jpg

CUjrhHU.jpg

I do like a nice balcony or a verandah (or porch, as I guess it might be out there)

pn2cbdl.jpg

d7epxvh.jpg

3Xc9voI.jpg

SPi27Of.jpg

Ty5pJaL.jpg

ZKybKUc.jpg

t8AwWYt.jpg

166gOnt.jpg

pPYVklQ.jpg

HqD19hG.jpg

I can almost feel the heat bouncing back off the tarmac here

lWB8scV.jpg

Zvauu8g.jpg

TcXv0QQ.jpg

(not being able to use the BBCode from Imgur is a bit tedious)

Very impressive set of pics around San Jose airport lots of angles and hidden areas, nice! :)

Yeah, we call it a porch here in Oklahoma!  BTW, did you hear the one about...

A blonde wanted to earn some money and decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type. She started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.
“Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?” The blonde said, “How about 50 dollars?” The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage.

The man’s wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, “Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?” The man replied, “She should. She was standing on the porch.”

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money. “You’re finished already?” he asked. “Yes,” the blonde answered, “and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. “Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. “And by the way,” the blonde added, “that’s not a Porch, it’s a Ferrari.”

23 hours ago, Taph said:

Grand set the water looks great

Cheers Taph, and I agree - it seems to be particularly fine in this light

21 hours ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Andy .

Thanks John

20 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Very nice spread Andy...and out here we call them porches, balconies, decks and yes, veranda's too, all depending on the architecture in use in general. :) 

Cheers Landon, and glad to hear we've still got some commonality in the lingo!

20 hours ago, renault said:

Fantastic Andy!

I'm enjoying it a lot as well:)

Cheers

Pete

Cheers Pete. Enjoying it a bit less today as I'm going through a reinstall courtesy of a random act of MS madness (it wouldn't start, removed itself from my store account after I'd reluctantly uninstalled it, and made me spend about an hour on a chat session before I was able to get a good link to start a re-install)

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

18 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Fantastic shots, very realistic.  My screenshots in MSFS never look that good.:(

Hi John, and thanks. Don't know what your setup is, I'm fairly hi-spec though and am running at 4k with ultra (or higher still in a couple of cases) settings, so that may be the difference (if you're serious rather that just flattering <grin>)

12 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Very impressive set of pics around San Jose airport lots of angles and hidden areas, nice! 

Cheers Roger. Having the drone cam is an absolute treat in this sim, it means I can really explore an area the way I like. And love the blonde joke - but I couldn't reply as I don't know any clean enough!

Archived