Bryce Canyon - 10 O'clock an all is well.

renault

This is after the latest MS2020 update and also an update of the Nvidia drivers to 456.55

Just an anecdotal observation , nothing more ,but I seem to be using slightly less RAM than before.  Normally at Bryce I was using total Ram of about 17GB , now down to about 15.6 GB.  Similar reduction in other areas I tested as well. @TigerTigerM

The latest Nvidia driver seems to work fine in both MS2020 as well as XPlane 11.50-RC3 Vulkan - no issues pro or con.

This was just one of my test shots , which I kinda liked.

The title says it al for both Bryce as well as MS :)

Cheers

Renault

RradBOK.jpg

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shot.

cheers

Iain

Thank you so much Iain :)

See you

Pete

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

Lovely shot Pete.. 

Thanks Wayne!

Cheers

Pete

5 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

competition winner there Pete, think I'll try the latest drivers

cheers

Thanks Ken. That is so kind of you to say so.:)

It's a great area - I enjoy your creation so much!

See you

Pete

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful shot Pete! :)

Thanks Adam:)

See you 

Pete

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shot Pete.

Thanks John:)

Hope you are still enjoying your new setup!

See you

Pete

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice peaceful shot Sir.

As a matter of interest, all h-ll  has broken loose on a couple of other forums re MSFS patch 3 as regards alleged dumbing down of the LOD content, & scenery/trees popping. 

Noticed anything?

TTM

Thanks TTM :)

I have read that as well, and it was with some trepidation that I did the update. However, I always start with something that I have not seen mentioned anywhere

I bought my version of MS through the MS store. Every day when I first start up my machine, I always go to the Microsoft Store, click "Downloads and Updates" and then click get Updates. I rerun updates (sometimes it takes more than once to get everything) until I get the message "You're good to go" with the checkmark in the circle

Before I update MS I repeat the process. For this patch I downloaded and installed almost a 1GB update to "flightsimulator.exe".

Then I started up MS2020 and it downloaded and installed Patch3. When that was done, I closed MS and then restarted it and spent about an hour testing and didn't see any difference aside from slightly less overall RAM usage as I mentioned. At that point I then had received a notice from Nvidia Geforce experience that a driver update was available which I then installed. I then spent another hour testing.

I should add that I also once a month run sfc /scannow at an administrator command prompt to check and repair any corrupted Windows files and I always do this as well before patching MS or any other application I have. Usually all is good, but every so often it catches things.

I realize that this is "just me" :rolleyes: , but all I can say is that I don't seem to encounter a lot of issues that others are reporting with updates.

See you

Pete

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Superb shot Pete . :):)

Thanks John!

See you

Pete

On 9/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, olderndirt said:

The arches of light over the windows present a chapel like look to the building which fits well with the rest of the shot.  

Thanks!

Cheers:)

On 9/30/2020 at 7:24 PM, Wakashi said:

When the deep purple falls, over sleepy garden walls...! :)   Exquisite shot Pete!

Thank you so much Roger.:)

I really enjoyed the quote .... Its been around for many, many years but was a really appropriate comment

to go with the screenshot. Thank you 

The celestial part of MS2020 seems pretty accurate. We had a gorgeous "Harvest Moon" overnight:)

All the best

Pete

2 minutes ago, renault said:

I really enjoyed the quote .... Its been around for many, many years but was a really appropriate comment

to go with the screenshot. Thank you 

I guess it’s just my mind, but so many screenshots on this forum remind me of songs, poems or quotes & I just have to say it!   I know most of you guys put a lot time and effort into these screenshots as I try to do and I feel some sort of acknowledgment is appreciated by all! :D

2 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

I guess it’s just my mind, but so many screenshots on this forum remind me of songs, poems or quotes & I just have to say it!   I know most of you guys put a lot time and effort into these screenshots as I try to do and I feel some sort of acknowledgment is appreciated by all! :D

It is so true Roger. :D

Thank you for appreciating that.

I so much enjoy reading comments, and even constructive discussion if something I have done isn't up to pare.

The reason is simple - I try to do the best job I can and constructive criticism always gives me the opportunity to learn and improve what I do:)

See you

Pete

Archived