Leeds Bradford - XPlane Beta & MS2020

renault

This is just a little comparison between Leeds Bradford in XPlane and in MS2020. 

The color rendering for XPlane is from the joint project Adam @Adam Banks , Olderndirt @olderndirt and myself have been working on.
Clouds are my own tweaks. Adams GBS lut is used along with my shader design

A little tip for those just getting started with MS2020. The latest Nvidia driver 452.96 (which is used for both comparisons) has a number of  additional features that work very nicely with MS2020.

They are contained in GeForce Experience and are in the Nvidia Freestyle option. You can have a look at it here

https://www.geforce.com/en_GB/gfecnt/whats-new/articles/nvidia-freestyle-ansel-enhancements-geforce-experience-article

The "filters" in it are actually reshade shaders that are built into Nvidia now, so that there is no setup required. Just "alt + F3" brings  up
the freestyle option and the available shaders and you can select what you want. (The sharpening shader is exactly the same as in the Nvidia Control panel BTW).

The new driver seamlessly integrates with Nvidia Geforce Freestyle and Ansel

You can download it here. https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/

Once installed it will be available anytime you run MS2020. What I liked about it is the convenience - taking a screenshot is simple just "alt + F1" and it creates a subfolder called Microsoft Flight Simulator in your videos folder. I just junction linked the folder to my main screenshots folder for convenience

The lighting engine in MS2020 is state of the art - just superb.

For these screenshots ,just to try a shader I found that adding about 25% vibrance brought the color up a wee bit and I liked that.

So if you find that you would like to create some artistic effects ( Andy @andy1252 there are some you might like to have a play with) its a very easy way to do that.

The first screenshot is in XPlane 11.50 b17. I tried to set the time of day and environmental factors  to match what I had in MS2020

We truly have the best of all worlds now. A sim that many of us are familiar with and a brand new one that is as modern as current gaming and lighting technology can make it

And now ,  we have a glimpse of  the future :) .  Who would have thought Artificial Intelligence solutions would impact our hobby  as much as it does through blackshark.ai in MS.

And the icing on the cake - Orbx is right there for us .:)

Cheers!

XPlane

1TJRhjG.jpg

MS2020
RjnZEVZ.png

And just a few more MS2020

Talk about immersion - watching the workers walk around is just superb and entertaining as well. There are a few minor glitches. When the worker walked through  a truck and 

escaped unscathed on the other side , it reminded me of "Casper" the ghost from my childhood. Just too funny!

ZgpDu58.png

And evening .... 

3lE1wun.png

HpbSZO9.png

Great info and links Pete , I have to say I like the more vibrant color in your first shot . I had stated that my XP was in the closet for right now but you keep dazzling us with amazing XP screen shots Pete . This what it feels like for me now :

Cheers

John

Great shots but the important  dramatic difference is that in X Plane 11 Beta  you can fly in using VR in  a helicopter or even the space shuttle but you can't do that in MSFS 2020 no matter how pretty the sunset is:lol:

Archived