Kelowna to Edmonton part 1

Jack Sawyer

P3D v5 HF2

All Orbx.

Departing from CLYW Kelowna to CYEG, Edmonton.

It was a perfect flight with V5.  No VRAM problems, it never got close to 11, I used ASP3D & ASCA for weather.  Planned it out in PFPX, and flew the approbate SID & STAR.

What a cool flight this was just now!

sNpUakw.jpg

maNZ2se.jpg

MItn8Ys.jpg

FGd4IzW.jpg

7 minutes ago, renault said:

Nice one Jack!

-30C is not uncommon in the winter. Whole new meaning on "cooler" :)

Cheers

Pete

I’ll take it.  Beats 36.6C any time.  I can always build a fire to keep warm but how can I build and air conditioner?

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I’ll take it.  Beats 36.6C any time.  I can always build a fire to keep warm but how can I build and air conditioner?

We have a saying "You can always add something clothing wise to stay warm, but trying to keep cool you eventually run out of options"

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Karl!  Have you been there?  It’s a beautiful area, would love to live there.  Cooler than here.

Yes I lived in Kelowna for twelve years. Well, the temp at the moment hoovers at 100 F up there. But cool in the Winter.

2 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Yes I lived in Kelowna for twelve years. Well, the temp at the moment hoovers at 100 F up there. But cool in the Winter.

That far north and still 100?  Dang, I need to move to one of the poles, permanently.  Words cannot stress how much I detest hot and humid weather.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That far north and still 100?  Dang, I need to move to one of the poles, permanently.  Words cannot stress how much I detest hot and humid weather.

It's high desert Jack. However it won't stay hot for too many days. In Winter it can get quite cold though.

1 minute ago, mikee said:

Cool Shots Jack :)

I am missing the rest of Orbx sceneries and also my REX weather in P3DV5 :(

I agree, there's something like 30 and I doubt we'll see them, sadly.  Such is life.  I think P3D is about to be overrun with 2020 but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree, there's something like 30 and I doubt we'll see them, sadly.  Such is life.  I think P3D is about to be overrun with 2020 but I could be wrong.

Oh no :( Usually Orbx updates all of their products when a new sim. is coming out !!

59 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

For sure Roger. Kelowna is a great addition. k

Thanks for the response. I sometimes wish Orbx and/or partners would do a couple of Maritimes airports too. We don’t have a lot of the west coast scenic appeal here but we are a hub for trans atlantic flights, the music (and beer) here is great too :lol:

Archived