Summarizing South American Landscapes

Stillwater

This regular commercial flight would (in normal times) go out of Iguazu (Brazil), ...

Khn0c1K.jpg

... giving a view of the remainders of rainforest first.

e7vU0D3.jpg

As we mention the rain, over Paraguay...

sjPnmY9.jpg

But it cleared up as we reached the border to Argentina, at the twin cities of Resistencia and Corrientes separated by Rio Parana. Here we touch the borders of the wetlands, La Pampa.

DLggj9f.jpg

The Gran Chaco - the Argentiean version of the Outback. In great parts hot, dry, and more hunters country than usable farmland.

gD30iy4.jpg

And now towards the Andes, near Mendoza.

i0LLQFG.jpg

They make a clear border, covering the inland from the Pacific wind and rain.

s0zxy2E.jpg

And showing Aconcagua, the highest mountain in the Americas and the highest outside of Asia, being the highest in both the Southern and Western hemispheres with a summit elevation of 6,960.8 metres (22,837 ft).

pdaQIQH.jpg

Rio Aconcagua leads us down into Chile...

GsQ4yFA.jpg

... towards the plains of Santiago.

am43UGD.jpg

nVpRlu4.jpg

2pfYLAl.jpg

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great Shot SA Gerold.  When I get some time I going to do some flights down there.

Thanks John. Yes, computer time is rare now with the nice summer weather. I am just on the way to the fridge serving white wine for the missus...

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice tour in SA Gerold.

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking set from SA Gerold. :)

Thank you Jack and Adam. It seems to me the screenshot forum gets dead now in the light of FSXX, not many people posting and not many commenting. I hope I am wrong...

again a nice trip Gerold ! :) I did about a such trip 20 years ago ... but much more slowly from bus to bus ... which were great at this time full of life and music ... sometimes a passenger with a little monkey on its shoulder :o ... Should be great to go back bythere somedays ... after this too long and sad covid period !

On 8/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, jean marc said:

again a nice trip Gerold ! :) I did about a such trip 20 years ago ... but much more slowly from bus to bus ... which were great at this time full of life and music ... sometimes a passenger with a little monkey on its shoulder :o ... Should be great to go back bythere somedays ... after this too long and sad covid period !

Great memories Jean Marc. That is why do do these simmed trips!

Archived