A bit more to do V5.

Iain Emms

6 minutes ago, musterpilot said:

Yes very nice and clear shots I have still got a way to go before mine looks like that

Lain are you using a 2K or 4K monitor ?

John

John I'm using  a 4k one.

cheers 

Iain 

If I may be allowed to critique the 2nd shot :)

Impressed with the level of crisp detail, for instance there is a thin yellow crane among the skyscrapers directly below the aircraft that has been picked up.

Assuming HDR is on, if I was to tweak the shot I would bring in a bit more brightness & perhaps ease the Bloom back.

It looks to me  from the mini fin shadow on the aircraft tail that the shot was taken between 11am & 1pm, approx.

Adam Banks & I both found that v5 does not appear to diffuse the light as well as v4 & so to get the best shots of light on the side of an aircraft, or buildings, setting the shot between, [in Summer], 8am to 9am or 3pm to 4pm, tended to give more light where we wanted it, than midday shots.

Down & to the right of the right wing are some black building faces & 1 black 'blotch'

I would be interested to see if you re-created the shot with the light coming in at a lower angle on those  black faces, whether they come out a different color, & if the 'blotch' disappears.

As to HDR settings, subtle changes can have quite a visual impact.

I run v4.5 around Bright: 1.20, Bloom: 0.2 , & Saturation: 1.0 as an example.

TTM

Archived