Just next to the Western Sahara...

... we have some european-managed touristical hotspots: The first one is Madeira, out departure airport for today.

xebipb4.jpg

An outstanding airfield, with a tricky approach similar to the old Hongkong Kai Tak.

QqC6F3b.jpg

vBleNMF.jpg

A short hop brings us to Tenerife, ...

opheYdc.jpg

... with Spain´s highest mountain, the Pico de la Teide.

1e2wd2u.jpg

But we go on to well-known terrain for me, Gran Canaria.

dPu5zvE.jpg

Puerto de Mogan below, ...

S2kroLo.jpg

... the artificial beach of Playa Amadores, ...

WKRyfGo.jpg

... and the harbour of Arguineguin. If you ever come there, visit Marino Chico and get yourself the Café Mexicán! https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserReviews-g580323-d3372651-r661338713-Restaurante_Marino_Chico-Arguineguin_Mogan_Gran_Canaria_Canary_Islands.html

hQPnPSW.jpg

We descend along the settlements of Maspalomas. I have seen this approach often in real life, now we get it in the sim as well. (I have to admit I even added some photoreal on top of the great improvement by OLC.)

GQpppxO.jpg

Pozo Izquierdo. One of the worlds hottest windsurf spots. It is guaranteed no sand will be flying there (it has only rocks...).

6n8uFrR.jpg

Welcome to Gran Canaria.

CvzLytE.jpg

3 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Absolutely stunning images and series!

Thank you Eberhard1

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful set of images Gerold with some excellent scenery peeking through the clouds.

A pleasure to fly with these sceneries. The virtual world is becoming better and better...

2 hours ago, Hauer said:

Lovely series, Gerold!  You sure are getting around...

Herman :rolleyes:

Thank you Herman. This was quite a short flight, now I go back to Africa and these are other distances...

59 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fantastic Gerold.  Let me ask you a personal question.  I've been so extremely busy lately that I don't even have time to sleep.  I'm curious, how many hours a day do you spend at the PC flying the sim?

Thank you Jack. My block time varies... from zero (rarely), to 1-2 hours (usually), to 3-5 hours (extreme, over weekends or holidays).

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Beautiful shots Gerold , I like them all :)

Thank you Mikee!

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

This is a very nice area for flying indeed Gerold

Nice pics

Gracias Carlos. Always nice to see regions depicted in the sim so well.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fantastic Gerold.  Let me ask you a personal question.  I've been so extremely busy lately that I don't even have time to sleep.  I'm curious, how many hours a day do you spend at the PC flying the sim?

+1 - Sounds like my day in lock down Jack , just trying to stay alive one more day ........:):(:o:D

Archived