Sahara Desert ... and first plane's skin modification ! (using Gimp freeware)

jean marc

Desert views from Sahara /  Niger area (Aïr Mountains) in Open LC Africa

... with a first modified skin to fly nextly in Ethiopia  O0 (skin change from the great freeware Avro 621 trainer by Nigel Richards from Sim-Outhouse)

3F5glti.jpg

ToEfg8Y.jpg

uoBd1KR.jpg

IElxbJa.jpg

1yuRqlg.jpg

I started to try to understand the texture process to change planes's skins this morning ... and great it finally works ! Really happy to get results ! Thanks to Gimp (freeware) which is quite intuitive for basic use (but very complexe to fully understand :P) - I 've used also fsrepaint for text and check

Of course many things to learn and a lot of mistakes to correct but it is great to see it already flying O0 

This livery is completely improvised - just to see how to do :lol:

b283VjO.jpg

(reversed text to correct !!)

zQv3N4q.jpg

PS : I got uncorrect texture compression in P3Dv5 ... need to find the right process

rTXSXtD.jpg

Happy Flights in Africa O0

On 10 mai 2020 at 10:57 PM, BradB said:

Awesome shots Jean Mark !! .

Thank you John O0

On 10 mai 2020 at 11:13 PM, Stillwater said:

will be able to discover every detail of OLC Africa... but it will take you years, I fear?

:lol: I have the special power to jump with my special slow plane when it is too long between great places :P Thank you Gerold

On 11 mai 2020 at 12:43 AM, adambar said:

Excellent set of shots Jean Marc! :)

Many Thanks Adam  ... The best is to look for information about the place before to fly and then to imagine the real place, amazing people and wildlife, geological wonders and so during the flight O0

On 11 mai 2020 at 1:46 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing Jean Marc!  I like them.

Thank you Jack :) the plane could be fine nextly when I will learn some pictures details modification process O0 maybe one yellow with hot ballons pictures next B)

On 11 mai 2020 at 6:22 AM, VH-KDK said:

ANother string to your very talented bow, Jean Marc.

Well done on the repaint and some wonderful images too.

You are very kind Martyn ... Much too learn ... Well that is a way to add new pictures in the Screenshots as I had no more space :lol:

On 11 mai 2020 at 7:52 AM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Thank you Iain - fantastic job by Orbx team for this great addon :)

22 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Lovely looking images and a great attempt at painting.

We have to start somehow. The rest comes with experience. I love the rust colour and the rock paintings on the  left hand side

Many Thanks :) Rock art everywhere is wonderful ... Amazing memories from the past, from another world : many girafs and crocodiles, gazels, panthers, palm trees and water channels several thousand years ago in the at present desert !

20 hours ago, Taph said:

Nice work and shots to show it off

Thanks :):) it is the beginning B) I enjoy to have time to complete it 

17 hours ago, jankees said:

Good to see you figured it out, well done!

Thank you Jan :) I realize now how complex is this job :lol: My attempt is limited to basic changes O0 

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

I have the special power to jump with my special slow plane when it is too long between great places

Ah, I know: Superjean Kent!

As you can see from my screenshot reports I keep on flying from one place to another, even if this includes jets at high altitude.

Archived