Parked by a Sergeant Major

John Heaton

These are pics of part of the  Qantas and Jetstar aircraft parked up at Avalon - Qantas maintenance  depot

for the Covid duration.

It reminds me of how pictures of Tanks lined up in preparation for D-Day in England - all like soldiers on Parade.

Joking aside - this situation is getting serious for the airlines - and other parts of Australia are being used for 

storing the aircraft - Brisbane is chocker with Virgin - and Alice Springs with Singapore airlines

It  is reported that it will cost around $10000 for maintenance each month - and $50000 to get ready for flight again.

d52dd6432a54381e0ecf11f865e15b04.jpg

98da1c92840a180bc031096e61133155.wdp.jxr

Huge layoffs and redundancies also being announced for many airlines and also many will not be there any more after all this stuff goes away.

I also expect there to be a demand for realistic airlines in all traffic addons which if left current will have huge amounts of generated flights by non existent airlines.

We can say goodbye to what we used to know as "normal" and will have to see what the new normal looks like.

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Huge layoffs and redundancies also being announced for many airlines and also many will not be there any more after all this stuff goes away.

I also expect there to be a demand for realistic airlines in all traffic addons which if left current will have huge amounts of generated flights by non existent airlines.

We can say goodbye to what we used to know as "normal" and will have to see what the new normal looks like.

Yes its going to be a very different world when we come through this mess.  

I didn't know Singapore Airlines were parking up at Alice Springs? It makes sense though I suppose, dry conditions for plane storage, just like Victorville and others in Arizona. I'd like to see a picture of that.

44 minutes ago, Ian St said:

I didn't know Singapore Airlines were parking up at Alice Springs? It makes sense though I suppose, dry conditions for plane storage, just like Victorville and others in Arizona. I'd like to see a picture of that.

Here you are Ian - 4 380s already and more if you care to Google

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-28/during-coronavirus-pandemic-planes-parked-in-alice-springs/12189856

b5ba5d2335131026773856aee7976e3a.jpg

Archived